1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

snowmobiler shoots moose

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by kbauman92, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM
    kbauman92

kbauman92 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    North Bend
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma ext cab
    King 2.5x6 RR coilovers eibach coils Light Racing UCA Spidertrax spacers Fiberwerx fenders
  2. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:05 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    What a douchebag , could have at least put one into it's brain instead of leaving it there

3. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:11 PM
    kbauman92

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    North Bend
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma ext cab
    King 2.5x6 RR coilovers eibach coils Light Racing UCA Spidertrax spacers Fiberwerx fenders
    At the least finished him off but he shouldn't have been that close in the first place let alone pressure him after it came at him once

4. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    SportyHeretic

SportyHeretic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Wyoming/South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport
    Icon Stage 3 Suspension, Diff Drop, MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust, Tonneau Cover
    And then they leave it? Hopefully they told a ranger about it or went back to eat it.

5. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:21 PM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    Moose can be dangerous, in Alaska they are likely to kill your sled dogs what I don't understand why did he drive towards the moose? I also agree with OZ never leave an animal to die and use what you kill.

6. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    cheech1

cheech1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kaneohe, HI
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Off Road
    Yup, you shoot em, you eat em. My dad used to make me eat all the birds I shot when I was a kid. Some were not very tasty..

7. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    Kurch

Kurch Member

Member:
    Calgary AB
    Vehicle:
    00' on 33s, 08' on 35s!
    That sucks, treated the snowmobile like a predator, wouldn't get off the beaten path as the snow was too deep. Tonnes of moose back in B.C. get killed by trains every winter, they try and outrun them as opposed to just getting out of the way, they know there don't stand a chance against a pack of wolves in the deep snow.

Dick should have finished it off, though.

8. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:33 PM
    AZBACKCOUNTRY

AZBACKCOUNTRY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    AZ-between the hammer and the anvil
    Vehicle:
    11' AC TRD OFF-ROAD 4x4
    Pelfreybilt front aluminum bumper,AVID off road weld on sliders, RCI Offroad IFS & transmission Skid (steel), RCI LCA skids (aluminum),upper grillcraft, relentless hi clearance bumper,OEM color matched front grill color, ARE MX camper shell, wet Okole realtree seat covers,pelfreybuilt hi lift mounts,ICON 2.5 Coil-overs extended,, ICON tubular UCA's. Allpro expo leafs, SS extended brake lines.Bilstein 110 extended rear shocks.prinsu Cabrac.dwreck pod mounts OKLED 18w cubes.Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport, LED Wide Cornering, Ambers fog/driving 20" IGGY LED Single Row bar.tepui awning,rotopax 2 gallon, TREDs and mount , 100 watt renogy solar panel.victron 20 amp Bluetooth charge controller,Pro comp wheels - cooper st maxx 285/75/16 tires. Skygear bussman fuse relay smart box. ARB 12v plug hard wired for ARB fridge. Pelfreybilt gas tank skid. Smittybilt X2O 10K winch
    Let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe he phoned uncle Ted and they went back and gutted that "mongrel moose" and grilled it to perfection. Just sayin...

But ya he shoulda backed outta there ...

Az

9. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:35 PM
    kbauman92

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    North Bend
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma ext cab
    I agree he should have killed it and called the warden and let them deal with it, they wouldn't let him keep the meat but it would be nice to have moose meat for a few years

10. Feb 26, 2014 at 4:38 PM
    Denk

Denk Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    '13 Spruce TRD Sport DCSB
    There's always another option. What a douche.

11. Feb 26, 2014 at 6:26 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Exactly , when the moose didn't indicate any intention to move off the track why keep closing on it ? And why not shoot one up in the air to see if that would send it on it's way before pumping 4 or 5 into it's body mass and then fucking off leaving it to suffer

12. Feb 26, 2014 at 7:44 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Looked like he was in fear for his life to me. I would have head shot it when it came up on the front of the sled. He should have stopped and head shot it to finish it off.

13. Feb 27, 2014 at 5:06 AM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    I have accidently hit a moose while riding the sled . Stands to reason that they roam the hard packed snowmobile trails throughout the bush cuz its easier for them to walk . I was lucky ... no damage to the sled and no damage to the moose .
    Also hit a few bobcats , coyotes and elk , but not by choice .
    The only thing I aim for is partridge lol .
    Having been in the same situation as the guy in the video , stop the sled and yell , scream and shout . Moose will eventually move off the trail .

14. Feb 27, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    Recently we had a biologist attacked by a moose they had captured, inspected it tagged it and released her. It was a young cow she was pissed turned and tried to beat the snot out of the biologist twice he did not shot her all though he was knocked to the ground all caught on camera. Moose are near sighted; unpredictable and big do not try to pet one. The ding dong should have stayed put and let the moose wonder off instead of confronting it. It could have gone the other way with a dead snow mobile rider and a wounded moose.

15. Feb 27, 2014 at 5:21 AM
    jake72

jake72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    N.E. PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd off-road dcsb mt
    just lucky it wasnt the bull

16. Feb 27, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    kbauman92

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    North Bend
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma ext cab
    I've never had any experiences with moose just elk which sound a lot less angry, I ride sleds a lot I don't get why he didn't just get off the trail and go around and let the moose roam around

17. Feb 28, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Exactly.

I didn't watch the video but have seen it talked about on all the snowmobile forums I belong too.

I have never had any encounter with wildlife on trail while riding my sled (many, many miles in Canada, ME, NH, VT) that made me "fear for my life". Have seen plenty, moose included. We wait or turn around. Never been charged at or chased down....geez my sled is a rocket ship I sure hope I can get the fawk out its way.

The guy is a DB & makes me sick. It is also doesn't help promote a sport that is literally circling the drain.....at least in the Northeast...there is a huge reduction in registered sleds and less people are entering the sport do the cost, sucking economy, weather, lack of interest.
    Maybe not so much out West, the UP, or Canada but
    Sorry Poor Decision Making by a Selfish Jerk :mad:

18. Feb 28, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    Glueman

Glueman Yersinia pestis

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    The Plague....
    6 inch Douche Bag lift...what else do I need?
    Snowmobiles don't have reverse?

19. Feb 28, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    LEX

LEX --- --- --- - ----

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    100 Series LC
    It was walking away and then he decides to shoot it. Asshole.

20. Feb 28, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    flatblack

flatblack Well-Known Member

Member:
    CDA
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 3.4 Manual
    alright...
    i went into watching this video with every intention of defending some guy who shot a moose to save his life

not only did he not back up/turn around...
    not only did he not just stay put for a minute...
    but, the guy FREAKING APPROACHES the moose!!

i don't know how things work in Montana, where it says this happened;
    but, next door, where i live, in Idaho, you need to win a tag in a raffle to kill a moose
    i'm almost thinking this idiot just wanted to kill a moose... and this was his way of doing it

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top