1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Pro Apex Bumper

Discussion in 'All-Pro Off Road' started by BCollett, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Feb 19, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    BCollett

BCollett [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Hesperia Ca
    Vehicle:
    01 Limited Dbl Cab 4x4
    Pro Comp Lift.
    I just ordered a new Apex bumper for my 01 Taco, I'm wondering who might have one of these bumpers installed and what winches have been stuffed inside it....

2. Feb 26, 2014 at 5:36 PM
    beyondstitches

beyondstitches New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    I just bought my son one of these bumpers and the skid plate for his 01 X cab.
    My friend owns a powdercoating business locally so I took it to him and it came out awesome.
    The bumper was very well built, however getting everything to line up was not so easy. I had to widen some of the mounting holes for the bolts to line up. I can't say why it did not line up exactly from AllPro and won't blame it on them. I had recently hit a deer in his truck while driving it, which demolished the grill, lights and other plastic parts. The body shop swears that there was absolutely no frame damage or even any structure damage such as to the radiator supports etc..But the bumper would not line up enough for me to get all of the bolts on.
    I put the bumper on temporarily, so he could start driving it again, but we ended up waiting a couple of weeks for the skid plate. When I ordered the bumper the skid was on back order, so now I have to remove it, install the skid, and driving lights.
    He is saving his money for the winch and some new tires..
    A couple of pics...you can see in the side pics the bolts I can not get to line up. One on each side. I widened up some of them already, but will do the rest when we remove it this weekend. Also you can see the washer fluid bottle is kinda now the "low hanging fruit". I might try to fabricate something to cover this up..
    Overall I am very pleased with the bumper, and may order one for myself soon.bumperpics_zpsaff3fd2a_532bb2ebe08695fb3137ff32625d1138e9fe9767.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

3. Mar 27, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    tomofla

tomofla Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner SR5
    5100 Billy & OME, 5125 in rear with AP leaf packs, TRD SC, TRD header & cat back exhaust
    Judging from your side view photos, both sides of the bumper don't go back far enough to line up with the black fender flares. What do you think of that? I have been comparing many custom bumper makers.

Products Discussed in

To Top