1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taco Train Horn Advice.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by KerlyQ, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Mar 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM
    KerlyQ

KerlyQ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    First and last truck Ill own.
    Magnaflow exhaust. Custom leather Katskinz. Fujita CIA. Custom canopy. Armourthane sprayed bed. Grey wire mod. Black American eagle wheels. Dick Cepeks FCII's. Black Emblems all around. TRD oil cap. Ignition Light Ring Mod. Blue LED dash and controls.
    Thats actually not a bad Idea. I'll look into that. When I go about this whole thing Im going to try to do a tutorial to help anyone else that explores this idea because I haven't found one myself. Im still looking to find the right horn setup tho. Im kinda leaning towards hornblasters...

2. Mar 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    arifleman

arifleman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2002 TRD 3.4L Ext Cab
    Older Cadillacs (pre 1999 IIRC) had four horns, notes D, F, A, C. We pulled a set off a junkyard caddy and put them on a first gen Tacoma. They work like a champ. Here's the Caddy sound from a Youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pSQQ-uSoTI

3. Mar 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Basically.

Actually I'm pretty neutral about Canada. And I love the fact that Canadians are pretty polite even when taking offense to a post about Canadians on the internets.

But train horns are dumb. Best case, you startle someone and get a chuckle. Worst case, the person in front of you panics and swerves, or hits the gas and causes a wreck, or maybe just tosses a D cell battery backwards out their window on the highway and smashes your windshield. A train horn isn't defensive - it's offensive. Honk it at the wrong person on the wrong day and you're asking for some first class road rage. It's all in good fun until your tires are slashed.

4. Mar 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM
    ThunderOne

ThunderOne Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitchell
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    1ST GEN OR GTFO
    Toyota NERD
    In other words, there a lot of bitches that be trippin out here.

OP.. try this first:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  5. Mar 3, 2014 at 9:32 PM
    KerlyQ

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    Magnaflow exhaust. Custom leather Katskinz. Fujita CIA. Custom canopy. Armourthane sprayed bed. Grey wire mod. Black American eagle wheels. Dick Cepeks FCII's. Black Emblems all around. TRD oil cap. Ignition Light Ring Mod. Blue LED dash and controls.
    "Basically" I'm about as offended as the average person would be If saaaaaay...some severely autistic kid with an IQ of a potato were to talk down to them. My mother taught me as a young lad that it was never appropriate to argue or engage in conversation with a retarded..I mean "less intelligent" person. But thank you so much for all of your valuable and useful information that you have shared. Your contribution is appreciated. Also, "MR IMPORTANT" you would be one of the reasons I am installing one of these horn's in the first place...I will make sure I find one that you and your girlfriend (the one in your picture there) can hear from way up here. Again, thanks for stopping by and have a great day little fella. :jerkoff:

6. Mar 3, 2014 at 9:35 PM
    KerlyQ

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the idea...I went out and popped those off and its a little louder but....Im going bigger ;)

7. Mar 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Excellent - a jerkoff smiley emoticon. You've gone too far!

Good luck with your train set. Hope someone doesn't kill you in a fit of road rage because you caught them on a bad day. If they do, be sure to report back as a lesson to others.

Products Discussed in

To Top