1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 06texasedition, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Mar 11, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    06texasedition

06texasedition [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Picayune ms
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Texas edition(RIP) 14 tundra limited 4x4
    3" rough country lift. Blue interior lights courtesy of jumper led. Led tail lights avid front and rear bumper guard with 4 Hellas on front. Borla dual exhaust blue led reverse lights color matched satoshi grille
    How difficult is it to wire okled pods to my existing fog light switch

2. Mar 11, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    02Duck

02Duck manuals make it better

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 4WD TRD Off Road 6MT
    TRD Exhaust, Mobtown bolt on sliders and aluminum tailgate reinforcement, Reverse lights changed to yellow turn signals, LED pods added for reverse, ADD W1 oil catch can, Total Chaos bed reinforcement, rear diff breather to taillight mod, 12" combo led bars behind lower grill wired to high beams, Toyota led bed light kit, 400 watt anytime mod, SSO slimeline front bumper.
    Did you want to run the okled pods along with your stock lights or replace them?

If you want to run the okled's along with your stock lights I would just use a relay and wire the switch of the relay to the hot of one of the stock lights. Then hook up the rest of the relay normally.

If you are removing your stock lights you could just wire the new lights to the stock wiring.

3. Mar 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM
    06texasedition

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Picayune ms
    Vehicle:
    3" rough country lift. Blue interior lights courtesy of jumper led. Led tail lights avid front and rear bumper guard with 4 Hellas on front. Borla dual exhaust blue led reverse lights color matched satoshi grille
    I'm goin to replace my fog lights with them. 1 fog light went out 2 weeks ago and the other went out the other day

4. Mar 11, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    02Duck

02Duck manuals make it better

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 4WD TRD Off Road 6MT
    TRD Exhaust, Mobtown bolt on sliders and aluminum tailgate reinforcement, Reverse lights changed to yellow turn signals, LED pods added for reverse, ADD W1 oil catch can, Total Chaos bed reinforcement, rear diff breather to taillight mod, 12" combo led bars behind lower grill wired to high beams, Toyota led bed light kit, 400 watt anytime mod, SSO slimeline front bumper.
    I would just use the factory wiring then and replace with the new leds. Since the leds use much less power you wouldn't have to change anything else.

Good luck.

5. Mar 11, 2014 at 12:21 PM
    06texasedition

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Picayune ms
    Vehicle:

Thanks

6. Mar 11, 2014 at 4:35 PM
    06texasedition

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Picayune ms
    Vehicle:
    Got my pods installed temporarily . What can I use to fill around pod where stock fog light wasemusagem_d2facde1b982a94944708da4747d2561a2bc0068.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top