1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ipod hookup doohickey thingy

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by #Reistlehr-, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Mar 30, 2009 at 11:34 PM
    #Reistlehr-

#Reistlehr- [OP] AngryTacoma

Member:
    Parsippany, NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Double Cab Long Bed SR5
    Hey, for the 2009, anyone have the iPod hookupthing so they can uyse the steering wheel controls and stuff?

Anyone know how much they go aftermarket, and wht iPods are supported?

2. Mar 30, 2009 at 11:54 PM
    JTech

JTech Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Silver 09 Double Cab 4x4 Sr5 Off-Road
    Locking Bed Boxes, built in air compressor, Husky Liners(not really a mod but I love them)
    I bought toyota's ipod interface for $208 from the dealership for my 09 double cab with JBL. After taking the truck in 4 times they figured out it would not work because my stereo had an xm module in it. basically because i got the top of the line jbl system i could not hook my ipod in to be controlled with the head unit. We even tried unplugging the xm antenae but it still wouldn't work. The only good news is some how I am getting free xm so i guess i can't complain that much. hop ethis helps

3. Mar 31, 2009 at 12:00 AM
    Madchild

Madchild Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bloomington MN
    Slim's HID, Tonnau Cover
    Allows iPod® controls through the vehicle head unit and steering wheel controls. Charges iPod® when in use. Connects in the glove compartment allowing the iPod® to be concealed for protection. * Conflicts with Satellite Radio. iPod® not included

4. Mar 31, 2009 at 1:07 AM
    Mrgoody86

Mrgoody86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Lincoln, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma 4x4, DBL Cab, Sport Edition
    K&N CAI, Custom duel exhaust with jones muffler, Viper Alarm w/ remote start, Cobra radar detector hard wired and mounted above rear view mirror. Leather Arm rest mod, LED cabin light, Redline elite hood struts. Bilstien 5100's all around, front coilover set at 2.5", Toytec aal, and Total Chaos UCA's, Scangauge II, Front Diff Drop kit, Yellow Lamin-X fog light covers, 6K HID conversion Kit for Headlights
    As the XM goes it is free for the first 3 months... Figured that out after about 5 months...

5. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:36 AM
    JTech

JTech Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Silver 09 Double Cab 4x4 Sr5 Off-Road
    Locking Bed Boxes, built in air compressor, Husky Liners(not really a mod but I love them)
    I have had the truck for over three months and have even called xm to try and get it turned off to see if that would make the ipod interface work. XM told me my radio is not receiving xm even though i get 140 channels. Basically I am getting a free xm subscription somehow

6. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:38 AM
    #Reistlehr-

#Reistlehr- [OP] AngryTacoma

Member:
    Parsippany, NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Double Cab Long Bed SR5
    I am running out to the truck like a kid on christmas....

7. Mar 31, 2009 at 8:44 AM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    I bought a USA Spec PA-15.....I don't have an ipod but wanted it for my Zen & Sirius. It has an ipod hookup. Paid $127 on ebay for it new.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Mar 31, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    For the cost of these factory HU "adapters", you can get yourself a pretty nice aftermaket HU that will have both iPod and Sirius radio interfaces, AND still have the capaility to use the steering wheel controls with a PAC control module. Pioneer has many HU's that will work and are very reasonably priced.

Figuring $200 a Pioneer HU, $30 for a dash kit, and about $75 for the PAC unit, you're all done and in business. I have this set-up in my 08 DC and it looks and works great.

AND it will sound a 1,000 times better........

No one will ever convince me that the factory HU's are any good. I don't care how much they cost, or how powerful they say they are.

_MG_9844_68a93d0b2c0595f2ceb936562775b39e15083467.jpg

9. Mar 31, 2009 at 6:25 PM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    check out http://www.vaistech.com/. they make ipod solutions for toyotas and lexus. i have one and i am extremely pleased with its sound quality. they are on the high end of the sprectrum but having the control and sound quality is top for me. i really want to go aftermarket but dislike having different color lighting from a cheap radio.

10. Mar 31, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    rpoint16

rpoint16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Off-Road, Super White.
    Bone Stock
  11. Mar 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
  12. Aug 9, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    payrow

payrow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Santos
    Vehicle:
    '18 DCSB Sport
  13. Aug 9, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    dmb

dmb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boise, ID
    x2. I have the same adapter for my 07. Works great. Here's a pic of when I installed mine. I put it under the shifter console using double sided tape.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top