1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with alignment. Tire rubbing the frame

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SGTCap, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Mar 15, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    SGTCap

SGTCap [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    Summerville, SC
    Vehicle:
    4x4 6-spd,
    37s, 4x4 6-spd, OME 886s, Allpro Expos, SOS sliders and front/rear bumpers,Rack,Skids, 4.56s, Lockers,Recon Winch, TJM RTT, Lots of tools, boxes and gear. Shaggy mutt behind the seat
    I've got on 05 Access cab 4x4 with OME 886 and LR UCAs an 255/85/16s on factory rims. I'm having a problem with the driver side tire rubbing the from at full lock and slight compression.
    uqa2aga7_506634138de82bb7b23a2575449ee8771fb168a4.jpg
    Passenger side doesn't seem to be as bad. I could find any rub marks to speak of.

Tomorrow I'm replacing both inner and outter tie rod ends so I'll be getting an alignment afterwards.

Can anyone walk me through what to do with my LCR eccentrics and UCA adjustments before I take it in? I'd like to have it adjusted roughly before a get there, with this rubbing problem solved before I show up. It will probably make the process go more smoothly.

The guy that aligned it after the lift didn't touch my UCAs. I should known that would cause a problem.

Thank you in advance. If it makes it easier I can get pics of the LCA bolts so you can see where they are right now

Products Discussed in

To Top