1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would love feedback from Taco owners

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by gorillagaul, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Mar 18, 2014 at 5:49 AM
    gorillagaul

gorillagaul [OP] Gorillagaul

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Champaign, Il
    Vehicle:
    Lifed 2wd Toyota Tacoma
    3" Fabtech Spindle/Add a Leaf plus shocks, Jeep Wrangler wheels and 235/75/15 Goodyear Wrangler Tires
    I bought my 98 Taco just a little over a year ago with 108,000 on the odometer. I living in Central Illinois and this truck came from Arizona so I scored big, not rust anywhere on it. The first thing I did was research lift kits for it. I finally purchased the Fabtech 3" Spindle/Add a Leaf w/shocks. It was a little pricey, but the reviews were good. Install wasn't too bad other than finding tie rod ends and ball joints bad, so it turned into a front end suspension tune up as well and the only other disappointment was how the spindle kit put the front wheels out about 2 inches. I purchased a set of stocker Jeep wrangler wheels for 10 bucks a piece, prepped and sprayed themed with bed coating and got the Goodyear Wrangles on sale at my local Wally World for an unbeatable price. All said and done, I'm really happy with the lift, but for some reason I have the itch to go higher. I've found a Daystar 1 1/2 spring spacer/shackle lift combo and was wondering if anyone out there has run this combo. I don't want to put the drive train under too much angle with already having the add a leafs in. I've seen wedges to put under the leaf spring perch that should correct the angle. Any input from anyone is greatly appreciated!!!!

yota1.jpg
    yota2.jpg

2. Mar 21, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    gitsum

gitsum Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gitsum
    Delawhere?
    Vehicle:
    5 lugger. BB mod. 15x7 black D
    BB mod, Black D 15x7, Grabber AT2 31x10.5x15, Fat Bob, Tractor Supply black truck box, class III hitch, 4.56 third member swap, home made console, tail gate hose clamp mod
    Youre trying to ADD it to your existing kit? One on top of the other? Id also make double sure the shackle component is for a 2x2.

3. Mar 21, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    TACORIDER

TACORIDER Just another statistic

Member:
    First Name:
    JAKE
    EAST TAWAKONI TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    12 TACO and some other Toyota’s
    If higher you would need bigger tires, then gears then the money pit begins

4. Mar 22, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    gorillagaul

gorillagaul [OP] Gorillagaul

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Champaign, Il
    Vehicle:
    Lifed 2wd Toyota Tacoma
    3" Fabtech Spindle/Add a Leaf plus shocks, Jeep Wrangler wheels and 235/75/15 Goodyear Wrangler Tires
    I am trying to add it to my existing kit. I verified with FatBob's that the shackle kit is for my 2x2. I just can't find any reviews on the daystar kit to even get an idea of quality and such.

5. Mar 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    plupo5591

plupo5591 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    CT
    Vehicle:
    02 5 Lug
    The shackle aal combo works man, the daystar spacers are going to preload your springs only give you .75 inches of lift up front

6. Mar 25, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    Card1

Card1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia!
    Vehicle:
    96 taquito
    Doestch Spindles
    Don't do it, the daystar's are shit. buy v6 coils, i'll link you with moog's part number if needed.

Products Discussed in

To Top