1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Front Speakers on Order (JL Audio)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MotoXFreeStyle61, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Apr 22, 2008 at 9:24 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

MotoXFreeStyle61 [OP] Displaced Texan

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 4Cyl, Access Cab, 5
    Black Head Light Mod, Tacoma All Weather Mats, ScanGauge II, Tonnaeu Bed Cover, 40% Tint, Added Fog Lights, 600W x 1 Alpine MRP-M650 Amp, Alpine 10" Type-R SWR-1022D Sub, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Day Time Running Lights, K&N Drop In Air Filter (oiled), Westin Bullbar (Black Powder), Alpine IVA-W505 w/Nav, JL Audio 6.5" Front Speakers, Toyota SR5 Seat Covers, 2.5" Toytec Spacer
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YZcUZMLpRXt/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=136TR600CX
    I ordered these JL Audio front speakers from crutchfield today. I can't wait to put them in this weekend. I'll be sure to take pictures of the install. I am sure they will sound a world better than the stock speakers. I got these because they have a good sensitivity rating considering I am still using the stock head unit. Crutchfield had these on sale in their outlet department marked down $15.00. I also purchased some speaker baffles so I could get the free shipping from Crutchfield as well. ;)

I also plan on tinting my taillights this weekend as well. Just enough to get rid of the pink tent that the tail lights have. It should be a good weekend.

2. Apr 24, 2008 at 6:27 PM
    alankidwell

alankidwell Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl access cab
    i was eyeing to speakers today. let me know how they sound. i would try them without the speaker baffles first if you have the time. i added the baffles to my ranger with the 6x8s and it sounded horrible.

3. Apr 24, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    Black Head Light Mod, Tacoma All Weather Mats, ScanGauge II, Tonnaeu Bed Cover, 40% Tint, Added Fog Lights, 600W x 1 Alpine MRP-M650 Amp, Alpine 10" Type-R SWR-1022D Sub, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Day Time Running Lights, K&N Drop In Air Filter (oiled), Westin Bullbar (Black Powder), Alpine IVA-W505 w/Nav, JL Audio 6.5" Front Speakers, Toyota SR5 Seat Covers, 2.5" Toytec Spacer
    Point noted. Unfortunately they won't come in till Monday, so I wont be able to put them in this weekend.

4. Apr 24, 2008 at 8:14 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I used baffles on a Mazda my wife had and my '99 Tacoma and ended up doing the job twice as they sounded terrible in each case and came back out.

5. Apr 24, 2008 at 8:21 PM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB
    oh, cool you will have a master sheet!

6. Apr 24, 2008 at 9:19 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I have the mastersheet. I don't really need it though. I've taken the panels off the front doors before, besides you can find how to do it on other sites.

7. Apr 27, 2008 at 11:29 AM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    Just in the new speakers yesterday. I have do say that they sound much better. The highs and mids are much more clear. I'm sure they will sound better once I replace my stock headunit. I did run into a problem with the speaker connector harness that Crutchfield sent me. Well plainly put they sent me the wrong one. They said that they sent me the right one, but i told them that it was like fitting a square block into a round hole. I ended up taking the connector out of the stock speakers and soldering that to the new speakers. I didn't feel like waiting around for Crutchfield to send me another one.

Products Discussed in

To Top