1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: Donahoe Racing (Icon) Front Coilover Suspension - Shipped from IVD

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by DrRabbitFurHead, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Mar 21, 2014 at 6:23 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    For sale:

A set of fully rebuilt Donahoe Racing front coilovers. Asking $800. This price includes me paying for the shocks to be fully rebuilt (estimated at $300 including shipping) and I will pay for shipping to your doorstep. I even have new, black frame spacers and mounting hardware in the package for you to use.

The equivalent shocks by Icon are $1,195+ tax at Wheelers Off-Road.

The story:

I live in Salem, VA which is a pretty small town in southwestern Virginia. The coilovers were due to be rebuilt but no one in my area does that kind of work. I could not take the coilovers off, ship them to CA to be rebuilt and go for 2+ weeks w/o my truck so I decided to buy a new set thru a certified Icon Vehicle Dynamics (IVD) distributor, install them, then get mine rebuilt and sell them to recoupe some of the expense. :)

I am shipping the Donahoe Racing coilovers back to IVD for a full rebuild. If you don't know, IVD bought Donahoe a few years ago and rebranded their shocks. The Donahoe shocks are the same shocks and the same design IVD sells today. IVD will bring the shocks back to 'like new condition' with all parts that wear being replaced and the shocks will be fully rebuilt in their factory to original factory specs. This setup comes with a standard 1 year warranty from IVD. http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/tech-support/shock-service/

My goal is to sell the coilovers and have them shipped from Icon directly to the purchaser.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I can provide the IVD service case # for the service. Once the coilovers arrive at IVD, you can call them to verify this deal is 100% legitimate. Also, the shocks fit ALL 2nd Gen Tacoma's.

As you can see in the photos, the frame spacers that were provided with my new IVD kit were not installed since I already had the ones from my Donahoe Racing kit installed. This means you will have new spacers (black) and associated mounting hardware with your shocks.

Toyota also recommends you spend about $13 to buy new hardware listed below. While this is not necessary, I decided to do the job right and get the new hardware.
    • QTY 2 - Cotter pin thru the tie rod nut (p/n 9538103025, $0.95 each)
    • QTY 2 - 19mm nut castellated nut on the spindle (p/n 90171a0005, $3.94 each)
    • QTY 2 - Upper ball joint bowtie cotter pin for the castellated nut (p/n 9538103230, $0.83 each)
    Thanks,
    Todd

What's for sale:

DonahoeRacingCoilovers_zps378a5f70_8e42347bd3a618cfda664979b3807bc77b78783a.jpg
    (Actual coilovers seen in the picture above are not yet rebuilt).

Installed:

100_6753_94d6803ed60ba481ad94f56406d50ff2ce290dc2.jpg

100_6751_763810c363030ad0ef1fd2ac17e9734b223909a3.jpg

2. Mar 21, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    08FireRescueTaco

08FireRescueTaco 08Blue_Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Roanoke
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Manual 6spd
    2008 off road 6spd manual Procomp stg 1 6in lift Allpro hd expo leaf pack 16in fuel boost wheels 315/75r16 motto trail grapples Flomaster duel 40s exhaust Doug Thorley LTH Volant CAI Relentlessfab front bumper Fox 2.0 coilovers Prinsu designs roof rack Sport hood Urd short shifter Nfab side steps Bushwacker flares
    I live in roanoke/salem we need to talk!

3. Mar 21, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    if only i wasn't broke :(

4. Mar 21, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    Just FYI if these are not the extended travel version for use with aftermarket UCA's they will convert them during rebuild for around $30 a shock!

Great Deal for someone!

5. Mar 23, 2014 at 5:21 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Not agreeing or disagreeing with the above post as I'm not a coil-over expert. However...

The DR coil-overs are not called the 'extended travel version' as the Icons are but they CAN be used with aftermarket UCA's. I'm using the Light Racing UCA's and everything has working very well for a long time.

The instructions that the buyer will get, that DR shipped with the coil-overs, say: "Although up to 3.5" of lift is attainable from this coil-over, it is not recommended to go over 2.5" due to alignment limitation of the stock A-arms. The addition of an aftermarket A-Arm will allow proper alignment at higher lift heights."

To be PERFECTLY CLEAR, the IVD installation instructions for their "extended travel coil-overs' are 100% copied from the DR installation instructions. All 14 installation steps are IDENTICAL. They only changed the last paragraph to change the DR phone number with the IVD phone number and added warranty information. The item in bold above is written in step 14 of the DR and IVD extended travel version instructions, word for word.

One local buyer is interested so I've held off on shipping the coil-overs to IVD until early next week. Nothing is solid so consider this a free bump.

6. Mar 24, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    polarbear3187

polarbear3187 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC LB
    3" lift, 33" tires, URD CAI
  7. Mar 24, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    dionysis

dionysis G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) sufferer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 DCSB SWB Auto V6 Stock, for now
    I have a set of rebuilt DR's on my truck and love them. They are great! GLWS!

8. Mar 24, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    Cool! :cool:

I called IVD and spoke with Brad. He's the guy that has been helping me out. I found out that there is no additional cost to convert to coil-overs to the extended travel version since I'm doing a full rebuild. He said that they will just install a different spacer so the price above stays the same.

I also confirmed that they will ship directly to another buyer as long as I include the specific mailing instructions in when I send them my shocks. The only catch is that the buyer would have to pay via PayPal before I send the shocks to IVD.

This is a note for me: Put all mounting hardware & installation instructions in the box with the shocks before shipping to IVD. :)

Any interested buyer can PM me for my Paypal info.

9. Mar 24, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    SOLD! Paypal received. Thanks Jared!
    DR coil-overs are heading to IVD in the morning for a full rebuild in the extended travel configuration! :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top