1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Poor Taco needs new door. Help me find one.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by davidk890, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Mar 28, 2014 at 1:31 AM
    davidk890

davidk890 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    david
    seattle
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
    To start off I will tell a tale of stupidity and the price of being inexperienced. On February 9th of 2014, a freak snowfall fell out in western Washington. I decided to do a good deed and take a two church friends home. At 9 pm it was snowing and melting on the roads and then at 11 pm the water on the roads became ice. The ice was wearing a beautiful white mask it was a pretty sight because we don't get much snowfall during the winter. As I entered Mukilteo I was in 4x4 the whole drive I had driven slow and cautious but when I reached their place I decided to drive them up a hill steeper that would make a rock crawler think twice. As I started up I picked up a little speed, smiled and waved like a dumbass at the people on the side of the road. As I drove past a 4x4 suburban with lockers, a 4wd Subaru outback with CHAINS I did not even slow down... And I was about to crest the hill I felt all traction lost. I felt as if somebody pulled the rug out from under me. I started sliding down I looked in my mirror and saw the ass of the Subaru as soon as I hit it with my door. I started cussing!! And I bounced off the Subie I saw a telephone pool that I was about to wrap my beautiful truck around. That moment I started praying and revving and twisted the wheels opposite of the pole. Thank god I missed the pole and slid into a driveway and a patch of grass saved me from falling and making a taco/ford sandwich sitting in a driveway below the back of my truck. And now I need a new drivers Super white OEM door, possibly a new fender also OEM and the rocker panel pulled a bit and painted. Overall my stupidity cost me at least 1k. But oh well I learned my lesson.

I will post pictures later for those interested. Second time posting a thread so bear with me.

TL;DR
    Need OEM SuperWhite drivers door (preferable shell only).
    Need OEM SuperWhite drivers fender (no fender flare) mine isn't broken.

2. Mar 28, 2014 at 4:58 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    What? $1000? I did a small boo-boo to my rear quarter panel and the fender flare... $3200 in damage! You better do your math, I'm thinking a door alone will be a couple grand if you buy new. Maybe you are talking junkyard prices? The rear quarter was $700 unfinished. The TRD sticker- $76!! One of them!!

What's your insurance deductible? One claim in a period of 5 years or so isn't going to kill your insurance rates.

3. Mar 28, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    TugBoatTrash

TugBoatTrash Face first!! Hammer down!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    E. Freetown MA
    Vehicle:
    15 DC Tundra SR5
    Do dents and scratches count?
  4. Mar 29, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    davidk890

davidk890 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    david
    seattle
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
    New door shell is going to be in the 500 range. And the rest I'm estimating another 300. Paint jobs and body work isn't expensive for me as I have a friend who does professional bodywork and paint. He did my rear bumper and tailgate for 100 and parts were about 300 bucks. My insurance liability doesn't cover my vehicle only medical and damages to the other party.

5. Mar 29, 2014 at 6:56 PM
    davidk890

davidk890 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    david
    seattle
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
    [​IMG]
    Here's why cars have reinforcement bars

6. Mar 29, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    davidk890

davidk890 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    david
    seattle
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
    [​IMG]
    Slid all the way down into that driveway and got stuck on the ice. Hit the subaru on the way down.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  7. Mar 29, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    davidk890

davidk890 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    david
    seattle
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
    [​IMG]
    Right behind and below was a new ford f150 if it wasn't for where I slid to a stop I would have make a sandwich.

8. Mar 29, 2014 at 7:14 PM
    NorCalTRD

NorCalTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 Indigo Ink DCLB TRD Sport V6
    40% Front Tint, Viper 5704 Alarm, Steel Cable Dog Tie, Super Sexy Driver Mod

Lucky.

Products Discussed in

To Top