1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front Suspension squishy

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by NOLAYota, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Apr 1, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    NOLAYota

NOLAYota [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 TRD OR
    K&N Intake, OEM Roof rack, Nerf bars, 5100 Coilovers, OME Dakar Leaf Springs, All Pro Expedition rack w/ fabed bike mounts, RTT, many more planned.....
    Hi Guys,

My Front suspension is very bouncy these days, I have 75k on both the front and rear, Im banking that I need to do some replacing.

Im rocking a 2009 prerunner, Sr5, TRD off road with 5100s. I do wheeling in GA 2-3 times a year and drive over very nasty streets here in new orleans.

My question. Should I bite the bullet and install both front and rear suspension or should I replace the front now and wait for the rears to go out.

Im looking at whole kits online... http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com...able-5100-front-and-rear-5100-shock_p_31.html

Just the front suspension can be had for 100 less http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/Front-height-Adjustable-5100-Bilstein-Shocks_p_21.html

The price looks decent if I go this route will I need to order anything else or should I expect the dealership / auto shop to have bushings bolts and things like that?

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  2. Apr 6, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    blufie

blufie Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    06 Quad Cab Sport 4X4
    Stereo, Running Lights, Toneau cover
    It sounds like your are contemplatiing a lift? That's different than replacing something for "squishy-ness". Perpaps a bit more specifics on what you want to end up with will provide more replies.

There are literally dozens of threads for the "lift-it" route that you can search. Once you have found a package/idea you like, and a supplier, work with them to tailor the final stuff to suit you!

Good luck.

3. Apr 6, 2014 at 2:56 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish

Products Discussed in