1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First new truck and first Toyota Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by MTFirefighter, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Apr 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    MTFirefighter

MTFirefighter [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Colfax, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma V6 5spd
    ARB front Bumper with Rigid D2 dually.... hopefully many more to come
    Hey all,

I just bought my Tacoma last Sunday, with 23 miles on it and already got it up to 1500 miles. I love this thing. I have owned diesels before and I honestly think I'm having more fun with my taco than I did with my diesel. I am a wild land firefighter by trade so I'm waiting to try this truck out... I couldn't get to some areas in my diesel but now I think I should be able to go farther for longer.... However not sure if I'm gonna try..... I don't want to to beat this truck up though I want it to last forever. My Tacoma should be perfect for all the hunting and fishing and off road that I do. I want to do some aftermarket work to it but for now I think small cosmetic things will be done. At least until some of the warranty is up. Anyways glad I stumbled across this site and hope to see some of ya'll on the trails

Thanks for listening to me ramble
    Btw I may ask some stupid questions but thanks in advance for answering them. I have a lot to learn when it comes to my Tacoma but it sure will be a fun process.

image.jpg

2. Apr 4, 2014 at 12:11 AM
    EVENSTEVEN

EVENSTEVEN New Rig

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    City of Angles
    Vehicle:
    2016 V6 Taco Sport
    Oh God...
    Hello Firefighter and congrats on your new Tacoma ride it in the best of health!

NEW member here, formely in 4runner forums and first post I would welcome rebuttals to..

Im picking up my first and new 2014 Tacoma V6 Prerunner tomorrow and have never had such a tough time figuring which model and configuration to get. This truck is purly a toy/mid life crisis deal and as a avide gofer and fisherman I plan on utilizing it as much as possible

V6 was easy as I have owned 9 yes 9 4runners and 3 had V8's. One car a 2007 ltd had TRD Supercharger in it. Not a great expericnce . Why nine. Cause I get bored easy but im buying my Taco tomorrow outright and really plan on keeoing this one.

Tough part was deciding (and untill I take the keys stiil is)--

Access cab seems like a sleeker look/drive experience to me. The double is cool for golf clubs/valubles but this truck is for me and longboards/dirt bike and very few passengers. I have a Camry for that.

The rear interior space in access cab seems big enough for golf clubs, tools, cases of beer but id like to hear from veterans of both styles

4x2-I live in the concrete jungle of LA and as much as I am of the school of thought-better to have and not need than need and not have I just cant see ever doing any seriuos off rorading that would need 4x4. and I think 4x4 is hella cool. My rationale is that the posi and LSD, coupled with some good driving skills will handle most things I might try off road. I like pep and speed so the stock 6 cyl coupled with the one hunderd pounds lighter truck will be a slight help in beating F150's off the line. Thought I loved the per 2010 4runners with v8's until I drove the Taco with V6! Impressive. I dont mind the insurance savings either.. Any noticble driving feel on pavemet/handling with 4X4 vs 2 wheel drive? Any other considerations like resale? Hate to even use that word but after 2 wives...

Pre Runner with TRD Package is my choice. im thinking sport based on being more of an asphalt racer but Im open to hearing from you

Color- Im not real good about washing my car and taking it to the drive through is a recipie for scratches. so my first choice other than black which I have vowed never to buy again until I have a full time car valet to detail my rides every day... Is
    1st Magnetic grey
    2nd Mica
    3rd silver
    4th not sure ...

my car buyer is looking for a gray Model 7164 with graphie interior but hard to find but im close..

i look forward to reading any and all comments/suggestions and possibly meeting up with some of you this summer for a brew.

Steve

Products Discussed in

To Top