1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift kit question. What else do I need?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by IanLG, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Apr 10, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    IanLG

IanLG [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Park City, UT
    Vehicle:
    V6 Base 4x4
    Borla Exhaust
    Hey Guys,
    I've been doing a lot of research on lift kits, tires, etc. and I'm still pretty confused. I was thinking about doing something along the lines of a 5100 lift with Eibach coils and an aal.
    Here:

http://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/05-and-up-tacoma/3-lift-kit-with-bilstein-5100-height-adj-coilovers/

If I get this, what else will I need? Also what size tires would I be able to put on? I know these questions have been asked before but it's so hard to find threads with this info all related to the same lift.

2. Apr 11, 2014 at 1:46 AM
    ArMarine04

ArMarine04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Beaufort, SC
    maybe a carrier bearing drop and extended brake lines. A lot of folks will say you don't "need" the brake lines but I got them and I may have not needed them either but I'm glad I got them. Carrier bearing drop is cheap and I would get it just in case you get drive line vibrations and that helps correct the angle of the drive shaft after lift. IF you don't get it upfront and do have vibrations then you have ride around like that until you get the that drop. but thats just my two cents.

You can always opt for UCA's too which again is needed only on a case by case basis to obtain good alignment. Those suckers can be a lot though and may be worth waiting to see if you need it so up to you!

Products Discussed in

To Top