1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD AFR calibrator install

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by RAT PRODUCTS, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Apr 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    I contacted URD by phone and email trying to get the install instructions for their AFR sensor calibrator, but no response. Great company. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have them? It's 4 wires and the boost vacuum line gets teed into it.

7eda5eze_2387739c9d83cd9be4960f28850b0e0c4c459cc4.jpg
    yte2agas_adf2018ae6c4425095f68540bc7499aaa3c647f6.jpg

2. Apr 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Did u buy it from gadget directly?

If so, u should get instructions.....many of the parts I've ordered from them come with very very well written instructions with diagrams and such... Usually specific to the year of truck even.

If u didn't purchase it thru gadget (URD), I don't think he OWES you anything, and any help is time out of his schedule and we all know time is money. Its a small operation their and Gadget IS tech support.

Trust me, I'm not biased really... I've had problems, but in the end if I bought something used from another party I would not EXPECT him to take time out to help me when I have not provided him with the compensation for a product.

IF U DID GET IT FROM THEM......

He maybe out of town, he may be having a family deal, he may be super busy.... I've had him call me at 9 or 10 pm his time (5 or 6 my time) and help me. He can and will go far to help customers usually. But we gotta remember its not a large company with a bank of people answering phones. How much time have u given Gadget to respond?

3. Apr 12, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    Is this the email you sent:

[inbound] Ryan Johnson <fasttacoma@XXXXXX.com>

address book
    minimize To: support@urdusa.com
    Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:11:45 -0500

full headers | skip to bottom
    URD, I recently bought a used supercharger that came with a URD 7th injector kit and URD AFR calibrator. My truck is a 2001 Tacoma 3.4L with a manual trans. Can you please send me the installation guides for these 2 products that will work with my truck? I have the supercharger on, just need to wire these up. Thanks, Ryan Johnson

Sorry we did not break a speed record getting you the free tech support you demanded, but I spent the afternoon yesterday getting ready to attend the Iron Pig event in VA this weekend.

Your free tech support for something you not purchase from URD will get handled on Monday when I return to the office.

I really do not appreciate your horrible attitude. We are not here to be abused by people.

G

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  4. Apr 12, 2014 at 4:51 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    ::two thumbs up:: i've never had issues with URD and I've spent a LOT of my money there. Sounds like you got screwed by the person you bought it from and should probably take it easy bad mouthing URD.

5. Apr 12, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    RAT PRODUCTS

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.

Horrible attitude? Ha. That's what the dude on the phone had when I called URD. He took all my info down and said he could send the instructions, then decided I needed to email support and hung up abruptly.

Anyway, thanks for the response and sorry if you took this as abusive.

6. Apr 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    Times shown on my TW time stamp are pacific
    ****thread started 4/11/2014 @ 1849 (6:49 pm)****

****No response****

****4/11/2014****
    ****email sent to Gadget@ 1311 (1:11 PM) ****

****Response****

Is the timestamp correct? Even close to correct?

I know we are in different states, but I'm sure u gave Gadget more than 5.5hrs to respond yes?

And I assume the phone call where u were treated rudely was...... Wait, when did u get treated rudely over the phone?

Was it a different company maybe?
    I know I've called the wrong place sometimes and G does have a phone number I transpose easily into a different number often.

Anyhow.... This kinda got FUBAR'd and I hope u eventually get ur instructions.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  7. Apr 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    I agree.

I try to keep all manuals and such for products like this in case I sell later, but even then if the instructions are year specific (some are due to wire colors used and locations of wires), then its still a tough sell sometimes.

8. Apr 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM
    RAT PRODUCTS

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Gadget hooked me up! Thanks G.

9. Apr 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM