1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring diagram for Stereo?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ThatMattGuy, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Oct 16, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    ThatMattGuy

ThatMattGuy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Lenoir City, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 White 2WD Reg Cab
    So I have a 2014 Tacoma Access Cab TRD off road with entune plus that I am going to be installing an LC6i in. I am hoping to pull the speaker level connections directly from the wiring behind the deck, disconnecting the existing speakers from the speakers directly for the doors, and from the A-Piller for the headliner junk speakers, putting a JL audio 400/4 amp under my seat, and then putting 6x9's powered by that amp in the door, and then 6.5 components in the back doors (half doors, whatever they are called in the access cab). It appears the speaker holes are in the sheet metal I just have to cut the plastic (that's scarring me a little).

My question is this graphic still accurate for the entune stereos? http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/200973/cat/500
    RF+ Light green
    RF- Blue
    FL+ Pink
    FL-Purple
    RR+ Red
    RR- White
    RL+ Black
    RL- Yellow

If not does anyone have the correct wire color codes or a pic of the harness at least for the speakers?

Also I am thinking for the rear holes I cut out I will make a custom cover for the door. Maybe a 7 inch ring with fabric over it and then molding it to the door somehow. Maybe fabric like this http://amzn.com/B004YDTMPS

Also, it looks like there is a second large hole in the back door of the access cab that I might be able to put a Sub woofer in, maybe even a 12 inch, although I will probably opt for a 10). Has anyone ever used a door to hold a woofer? Any idea how I could seal off an area to create a sealed type inclosure in the door? My 13 Ford Mustang premium had 8's in the door and they sounded alright. Should I give up on that and just make a box to put between the rear seats? It's not nearly as stealth but it would probably sound better.

Thanks for reading my rambling and for any help :)

2. Apr 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    Dvo

Dvo Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dvo
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    '14 ACLB 4x4 Sport
    Painted Skid Plate Tinted 50%F/20%B De-Badged LED interior Wet Okole Seats
    Home Depot and lowes makes medium and hard density plastic board, 1/4in thick and 2x4ft. Two of those epoxied together and a free weekend you should be able to fabricate a custom mount similar to ********* for 1/2 the cost.

Not a fan of ********* after it took 25 minutes to modify the existing stock mounts to install my infinity reference series in the front doors, for free.

image.jpg

3. Apr 13, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    ThatMattGuy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Lenoir City, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 White 2WD Reg Cab
    I ended up going with MDF for the rear speaker brackets, Amazon had a 6x9 adapter for the front for $20, which I ended up needing because the front speakers I used needed the extra depth. Overall I am pleased, but wish there was a bit more bass. However I really don't have any room to spare.

4. Apr 13, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    weendoggy

weendoggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aptos, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD ACOR 4x4
    Access Original Tonneau Cover; Toyota Side Tube Steps; Focal ISS690 front speakers; Clarion XC1410 mini amp; Gentex 453 rearview mirror with Homelink, Compass, Temp and Autodim; Prodigy P2 trailer brake controller, Heated Seats from www.cobraheat.com, BriteAss Fogs, Phillips Extreme LED H/L. Heated mirrors from @Up2NoGood. 5100 Bilstein all four corners.
    What/where did you put your amp? Was it a powered sub or just plain amp?

I put Focal ISS690 sets in my front doors and will be adding a Focal 2.1 powered sub unless others think I can get by with just an amp. I don't need a lot of "boom boom" base but a little won't hurt. Plan on putting mine under my driver seat.

Also plan on doing some speakers in my rear AC doors as well.

5. Apr 14, 2014 at 3:43 AM
    ThatMattGuy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Lenoir City, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 White 2WD Reg Cab
    I have a JL Audio XD400/4 and I don't like doing speaker level outputs directly to an amp (you can for some I just don't like to). So I also got an Audio Control LC7i.
    I put them both on a 3/4 inch MDF platform I made and covered it with some black fabric for a more finished look and the put both under the drivers seat. With the weathertechs in place you don't really see it. I wanted to do a sub somewhere but I never figured it out. I might still but what I have has enough bass to keep me happy.

If I had to do it again I think I would have tried 6x9's all around instead of 6.5 inch components in the rear doors.

6. Apr 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM
    weendoggy

weendoggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aptos, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD ACOR 4x4
    Access Original Tonneau Cover; Toyota Side Tube Steps; Focal ISS690 front speakers; Clarion XC1410 mini amp; Gentex 453 rearview mirror with Homelink, Compass, Temp and Autodim; Prodigy P2 trailer brake controller, Heated Seats from www.cobraheat.com, BriteAss Fogs, Phillips Extreme LED H/L. Heated mirrors from @Up2NoGood. 5100 Bilstein all four corners.
    I take it you believe the amp does just enough to still give you good clean sound.

I had an '09 with JBL and really didn't like the big "box" in the rear and my '14 just has the Entune Plus, which is ok now that I've put new speakers in the front and maybe just installing a good amp will do along with the LC unit. As I said, don't need to bulge the doors.

If I do go with a powered sub, it'll be the Focal 2.1 which has line controls built in.

7. Apr 15, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    ThatMattGuy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Lenoir City, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 White 2WD Reg Cab
    Both sets of speakers put out clean sound up to a volume much higher than what I can handle listening to. However with that said the front 6x9's put out more bass than the components in the rear but it just falls slightly short of where I want it. I think an 8 or a 10 would fill things out completely however I have no place to put it.

8. Nov 12, 2021 at 3:15 PM
    Ginger-Vitis

Ginger-Vitis Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 5spd
    Do I even need to wire anything to the head unit besides power antenna and ground if I'm running RCA's to aftermarket amps?

9. Nov 12, 2021 at 3:26 PM
    ThatMattGuy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Lenoir City, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 White 2WD Reg Cab
    I mean, you need power (constant), ground, ignition/acc is good (otherwise if you run your head unit to constant you will kill your battery). Since you are running an AM amp power antenna. And I would say dimmer is good to have. But otherwise yeah, all the rest are extra.

Products Discussed in

To Top