1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Holly sh*$

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by mylittletacoma, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Aug 4, 2009 at 9:29 PM
    mylittletacoma

mylittletacoma [OP] taco? like the kind you eat?

Member:
    Las Cruces, NM
    Vehicle:
    00 Silver SR5 4X4 SC
    TRD Supercharger, URD 7th injector kit, Gibson Exhaust, Deckplate Mod, Tough Country 5" lift kit, Fabtech coilovers, Daystar 1" bodylift, 35" Kumho Road Venture MT's mounted on Eagle Alloy 185's black 15x8 -12offset, Alpine 9883 deck, Alpine type R speakers all around, Alpine 500w amp to 10"Boston G1 in custom built rear center console enclosure
    extended Coil overs right.... who would you recommend? toyteclifts has that ultimate kit for like 1k... is that anygood?

2. Aug 5, 2009 at 6:05 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Only ones I know that make an extended length CO for your truck are Fox, Icon, King.....SAW might, but Im not sure..

3. Aug 5, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    mylittletacoma

Member:
    Las Cruces, NM
    Vehicle:
    00 Silver SR5 4X4 SC
    TRD Supercharger, URD 7th injector kit, Gibson Exhaust, Deckplate Mod, Tough Country 5" lift kit, Fabtech coilovers, Daystar 1" bodylift, 35" Kumho Road Venture MT's mounted on Eagle Alloy 185's black 15x8 -12offset, Alpine 9883 deck, Alpine type R speakers all around, Alpine 500w amp to 10"Boston G1 in custom built rear center console enclosure
    so why on the toyteclifts web site does it say the 5100's are longer? well, here is what i have been thinking about. tell me what you think.

1. i really never offraod at all, so i am not too worried about not being able to used the full travel of my suspension.
    2. i LOVE how 35's make the truck look, so i want to keep them.
    3. i think the slight rub will be fixed when i space the rims out further
    4. i need new suspension anywyas, so here is what i wan

good extended springs so i dont use the spacer lift,
    good shocks, probably going to go with the 5100's
    a small top plate to bring the front end higher than the rear by maybe 1/4"

rear:
    get rid of the blocks in exchange for a 3" lift AAL.
    longer 5100 struts in back

? the 1.5" lift AAL---- do you put 2 on each side to get 3"?

4. Aug 5, 2009 at 11:44 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I think you need to reaserch more on what you are wanting to do. You dont stack lifts, or put 2 AAL's on top of each other. Personally, what has been said on here is plenty of info for you to make an informed decision. 3" lift, 33" tall tires, and the wheel of your likeing. If you are wanting to go higher than 3", get a drop bracket lift. RCD makes a 4.5", and Fabtec, Pro Comp, and others are 6".

5. Aug 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM
    mylittletacoma

Member:
    Las Cruces, NM
    Vehicle:
    00 Silver SR5 4X4 SC
    so, i went and tested the tires mounted on the rims and on the suspensions as is,,, which is really squishy cause it is old and mostly blown. i am feeling pretty good about having 35's and will feel even better i think when i put the full 3" lift from OME on and maybe a trim packer to raise the front just a little bit more, getting the medium springs and the 10mm top plate spacer, found out it is not a problem and i WILL NOT NEED NEW UCA'S WITH THIS KIT.

so here are some pics i took of messing around in 4x4 in the desert, again, i dont do fast jumps or whop de whops or stuff like that, i mostly putt around and climb some stuff.

best part, i did not rub the tires at all, not a single time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photo-0001 (2).jpg
    Photo-0002 (2).jpg
    Photo-0003.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top