1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where to go from here

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by LT1, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Apr 15, 2014 at 11:00 PM
    LT1

LT1 [OP] Noob-ish

Member:
    SoCal-OC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DC/LB/4x4/TRD supa sport!
    Limo Tint all the way around, tailgate theft mod, Console Vault, EGR vent visors, debadged emblems, TRD door emblems, Sockmonkey TOYOTA tailgate sticker, OME 3" lift w/aal, BAMF sliders, BHLM, MKW offroad M88 black 18" wheels.. for now..
    So... I had the Avid light bar mounted.. and in a moment of impatience and inattention, I nailed a wrought iron gate... here's the carnage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So it basically pushed my light bar (with light tabs) into my front bumper. As far as I can tell, there's no problems with my grill. The front bumper looks fucked.. and the (not pictured) flimsy aluminum parts that hold up the hood latch and kind of a cross member holding the front bumper is fucked too. I would imagine those are (somewhat) easily replaced but my question is, what do you guys think of this?

[​IMG]

This is where the Avid bar was mounted and now they're bent out of shape. Am I fucked? can they be replaced/fixed? can I just put a front plate bumper on it and cover it up or is that the mounting point to most plate bumpers?

Help:(

2. Apr 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    I think you have to remove the crush bar (aluminum silver piece) when you install a plate bumper...I removed mine when I got my tube bumper made.
    I don't see it being bad at all. Just minor damaged

3. Apr 15, 2014 at 11:14 PM
    LT1

LT1 [OP] Noob-ish

Member:
    SoCal-OC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DC/LB/4x4/TRD supa sport!
    Limo Tint all the way around, tailgate theft mod, Console Vault, EGR vent visors, debadged emblems, TRD door emblems, Sockmonkey TOYOTA tailgate sticker, OME 3" lift w/aal, BAMF sliders, BHLM, MKW offroad M88 black 18" wheels.. for now..
    Well that makes me feel a lot better. Only thing is.. the front crush bar pushed back the other part its attached to (is that part fixable??). And do you think it'll cost me more to replace/fix the front bumper/crush bar and other minor parts? or would it be cheaper to just get a new plate bumper?

Products Discussed in

To Top