1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dont Kick the Bucket!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by provofan, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Apr 16, 2014 at 5:02 PM
    provofan

provofan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 Black Double Cab TRD Offroad
    My BAMF Slider arrived last week and I was thrilled. To install the sliders you normally need another person, or if doing it alone like I did, two blocks or buckets to balance while the bolts or weld is attached. While assembling I set the sliders on two 5 gallon buckets under the truck. They were the perfect height and allowed me to line everything up without supporting all the weight. I laid on the ground with a bolt and washer in one hand and a nut in the other.

Laying on my back, as I had my face to the frame I accidentally kicked one of the the buckets and the slider began to move. Luckily I caught it before it hit me in my face. I cant imagine how badly a 100lb slider would be to the forehead. I might have 'kicked the bucket' for good.

I want to also plug BAMF. My order was packaged well, easy to assemble, and everything was included and they were just as ordered. I made a special order to have top plates attached and powder coated and have it stand at a 0 degree angle so the kiddos could sue them as steps. I would highly recommend BAMF to anyone. Jerry was also very good to work with.

photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg

2. Apr 16, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Looks great!

Products Discussed in

To Top