1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I had my XSPX tinted today with PANAflex.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by triplejjj, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Apr 19, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    triplejjj

triplejjj [OP] Pictographer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X 4X4
    LoPro QT, Toyota Bed Mat, Husky Liners, ScanGauge, WeatherTech Deflectors, Drop in Billet Grill, Train Horns, PanoFlex Window Tint, Viper Alarm, Remote Start, Console Vault,
    Anybody heard of this brand? FLEXfilm
    I had the PANOflex installed today. The place I went to has been in business for
    25 years and swore by this stuff. Carbon, Ceramic hybrid. No interference with
    electronics, blocks ir and uv. Showed me the light box demo with the red hot light
    and how it doesn't let heat pass through and the others did. Ok I'm sold, exactly what I want no heat to come in my truck well most of it anyways. Heres what I see now that it's installed. Has a slight greenish hue, ok not bad I still like it.
    Not as clear as 3M but again not a deal breaker. Looks good on my truck, no bubbles, rainbows, actually looks like the best install on tints I've seen. No interference as of yet. Had 70's put on rear factory which probably is 20 or 25.
    I had 20's put in the fronts. Even outs we'll. The only thing I noticed was my
    cabin temp was 102 before I had it done and 102 after it was on. hmmm
    Double checked it with another temp sensor and it's right. The tinted windows feel cool to the touch. I expected some reduction in temp. It's 90 degrees here
    in FL. I put up my Vent Shade in the windshield since it was on fire and it was still hot in the truck. Any ideas? Even the cheap stuff should reduce the temp I would think.

[​IMG]

2. Apr 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Sounds like you need to insulate the floor and roof. Nice tint job by the way!

3. Apr 20, 2014 at 4:14 AM
    triplejjj

triplejjj [OP] Pictographer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X 4X4
    LoPro QT, Toyota Bed Mat, Husky Liners, ScanGauge, WeatherTech Deflectors, Drop in Billet Grill, Train Horns, PanoFlex Window Tint, Viper Alarm, Remote Start, Console Vault,
    Thinking of clear tinting the roof. I guess it's possible.

4. Apr 20, 2014 at 4:38 AM
    Chris24

Chris24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Black DCSB TRD Sport, V6, 6sp
    Yea...heat doesn't only come in through the windows...

Products Discussed in

To Top