1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WhaleBack Wheelin' n Camping June 7th n 8th

Discussion in 'North East' started by Texoma, Apr 20, 2014.

?

Wheeling and/or Camping

Poll closed Jun 9, 2014.
  1. Wheeling Saturday June 7th

25.0%
  2. Wheeling Sunday June 8th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Wheeling and Camping

75.0%
  1. Apr 20, 2014 at 6:37 PM
    Texoma

Texoma [OP] IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Yet another Wheeling thread, we should make a sticky for this kind of thing. Anyway, I want to take my oldest son wheeling and camping on his next visitation round with me, and wanted to see if any one else wanted to join. Will be wheeling June7th at the WhaleBack near Shamokin,PA then camping that night in to the 8th. I have been there a few times already, and each time is just as fun as the last. I made a poll as a substitute for an on going copy and paste list as well. Hope to see ya there.

Update 5/24/14:
    Here are some minor details. I am looking to leave my house about 8am Saturday morning to get to the trail by about 10am. If anyone from the Southeast PA area wants to meet and caravan up, a good spot for that is the Wawa in Douglassville Probably be there btween 815 and 830 and grab some grub. Then from there is off to the trail. Probably get there between 10 and 1030. A good place to meet is right near the Whale Back . I will have my CB on, and at most meets, everyone was tuned to channel 14, so I'll keep it on that channel. If you guys want to exchange cell#'s, just send me a PM. Once we all meet up, we can head to the shooting range and pop off some rounds. We've had some good times at this little area, it has a high back to it so that there is no accidental mishaps, and the last time we even did some skeet shooting. If anyone plans on skeet shooting, let me know and I'll bring my shotty this round. I'll have my 9yo son with me, and he'll be shooting his bolt action .22 and I'm not sure what I'll bring, but I always love to bring the AK. If there are any other details that I missed, just let me know and I'll get em posted. Oh and if anyone needs a pre wheeling mod day, I'm gonna be doing some work on the truck Friday May 30th. I have a bad U joint at the output shaft, a sticking caliper piston I will be repairing, and maybe modding my gas tank straps to fit a tank skid on.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  2. Apr 20, 2014 at 6:40 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
  3. Apr 20, 2014 at 6:40 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    RSRVD for pics

4. Apr 20, 2014 at 7:13 PM
    Reh5108

Reh5108 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 4X4 2.7L Extra Cab
    OME lift, 4x sliders, Demello rear bumper, custom front bumper, Engo 9000lb winch
    Can you see who voted?

5. Apr 20, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    armyofsquirrels

armyofsquirrels Embrace the Suck!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    2015 V6 6Spd Tacoma DCSB Offroad in Pyrite Mica
    See Build Page.
    I already put in my vacation and marked my calendar I call the spot by the pine trees with the rock!!!! I'm gonna bring a sign for my spot lol

6. Apr 20, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    Gaunt596

Gaunt596 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    Subd, i will try and make my schedule work to get up there... i want an excuse to get out of this blasted house

7. Apr 20, 2014 at 8:05 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    Would be a great trip. Every time I go up there I have a blast and find new places.

8. Apr 20, 2014 at 8:11 PM
    Gaunt596

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    now, ive heard that the coal dust eats the F@#k out of your truck though... how hard is that to get off? ive discovered that i like a clean truck.. to a degree

9. Apr 20, 2014 at 9:37 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    I take it to the local car wash, the Coal dust they run it through once and its good the mud from a local field they had to run it through 3 times.

10. Apr 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    I'll take. Before and After pics on Wednesday when I take it to the car wash.

11. Apr 20, 2014 at 9:40 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    With this being a couple months out, would anyone be interested in playing a game of capture the flag paintball when we are up there in June?

12. Apr 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM
    SOS CONCEPTS

SOS CONCEPTS Bumper builder

Member:
    First Name:
    SOS
    Laurens SC
    Vehicle:
    17 sos buggy, 09 taco(in pieces), 14ram 3500
    Rock bouncer
    Damnit to close to my sons bday

13. Apr 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM
    Gaunt596

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    Always wanted to try paintball... I'm probably to much of a wimp for it though

14. Apr 20, 2014 at 10:03 PM
    SOS CONCEPTS

SOS CONCEPTS Bumper builder

Member:
    First Name:
    SOS
    Laurens SC
    Vehicle:
    17 sos buggy, 09 taco(in pieces), 14ram 3500
    Rock bouncer
    Haha Matt I played on a speedball team called itchy fingers. Long as your moving around heart pumping they dont hurt. Buy if your camping and get hit. That butch will hurt lol

15. Apr 20, 2014 at 10:12 PM
    Gaunt596

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    Fantastic, maybe I can break the camping habit that has been set into me lol... Don't have any gear at all so is either have to borrow some or scoop some ebay specials up

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  16. Apr 21, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    Fifthwind

Fifthwind Master of None

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Vehicle:
    Scully
    Barcelona Red 09 DCOR- Icon 2.5" ECOs w/CDC - 14" 700lb, ICON 2.0 RR Ext rears, AP EXPO pack, Diff Wedge, Diff and Skid Drop, Discoverer S/T 255/85/16, Ride-Rite Bags w/ Daystars, ARB Bull/winch Bumper, Warn 8k, ARB CMK12, Budbuilt skids, BAMF bolt on sliders BAMF diff diaper, bedlights, hoodlights, BAMF CB, etc.
  17. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Click on the numbers on the poll

18. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Bring him up, I am picking my 9yo up in Chesapeake,VA on Friday and I might just go strait to the Whaleback and camp Friday night as well.

19. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4

You got two extra paintball guns?

20. Apr 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    I don't have any but I was thinking about searching eBay if the idea took off or borrowing one of my friends paintball guns

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top