1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 Walk for the Wounded (Media, PA)

Discussion in 'North East' started by XXXX, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Apr 24, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    XXXX

XXXX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saturday, May 3, 2014
    Rose Tree Park
    Media, PA

WALK REGISTRATION: 10am at the park – Walk starts at 11pm.

ABOUT THE WALK
    Operation First Response (OFR) is inviting people from all over the Delaware Valley to participate in Pennsylvannia’s Seventh Annual WALK FOR THE WOUNDED on Saturday, May 3, 2014 at Rose Tree Park in Media, PA. At the hub of 3 major population centers, Philadelphia, Wilmington and South Jersey.

The goal of the day is two-fold: 1) to draw attention to the plight of tens of thousands of returning soldiers who are wounded, and whose families are facing significant financial and emotional challenges as their loved one recovers and 2) to raise funds to help meet the critical needs of these families, many of whom are crisis right now – today, in hometowns all across the country.

• OUR CAUSE

It is hard for us to comprehend waking up each day in a hostile country, putting our life on the line to protect people from terrorists who have no fear and no conscience about planning and conducting mass murder. It is harder still to imagine how it feels to be at the heart of a bomb explosion – or to be shot by snipers – or to be the target of a single man or woman whose mission is to be a human bomb. Sadly, many lives are lost. But of equal importance are the lives that are changed forever in the blink of an eye by severe wounds, life changing amputations, and painful surgeries – often followed by mounting bills at home, necessary job retraining, home renovations and more. Just dealing with the emotional scars is difficult – but with your donations OFR ‘has their back’ on the home front.

• OUR MISSION

Operation First Response, Inc., supports our nation’s Wounded Warriors and their families with personal and financial needs. Services are provided from the onset of injury, throughout their recovery period and along their journey from military life into the civilian world. Financial aid varies as each case is based on individual needs ranging from rent, utilities, vehicle payments, groceries, clothing, and travel expenses.

Quick Facts:

• Operation First Response (OFR) delivers over 90 cents of every dollar raised to wounded soldiers and their families.
    • OFR is staffed by mostly volunteers; with the exception of one full-time and one part-time salary workers.
    • The 2 mile WALK will take place at Rose Tree Park in Media, PA (just minutes off I-95 and Rt. 476 (The Blue Route).
    • Parking is Free. View our Map to see the location of the walk.
    • Walkers register here and are asked to help get donation sponsors for themselves, if possible.
    • People are invited to use this web site to help sponsor any walker(s) of their choice
    • Companies are also invited to become Walk or Corporate Sponsors, or to advertise in the WALK PROGRAM being distributed at the event.
    • People are invited to simply make a donation.

OFR has served 9,552 families of our Wounded and Disabled Veterans nationwide with emergency financial needs since 2004.

Sponsorship & Donations http://www.walkforthewounded.org/sponsor.php

Additional info
    V

Attached Files:

2. Apr 25, 2014 at 7:01 AM
    XXXX

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Bump... 55 views and not a single post :(

C'mon people.... plasti derp threads get more action.

:oldglory:

3. Apr 25, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    Got a wedding that day.:mad:

4. Apr 25, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    XXXX

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Talk the groom out of it. Save him!!!!

Rich will be in town all weekend.

5. Apr 25, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    Lol. Yeah I work till friday midnight. I'd rather save the bride groom is a db.

6. Apr 25, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    XXXX

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

LOL.

Let's see if this pic is acceptable

e7mlbs_09fd9a6e20978a02bd4a8cb017b46b49d8f9c727.jpg

7. Apr 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    Little too far for me to do it.

+1 to the op for helping a good cause :thumbsup:

8. Apr 25, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    XXXX

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

I appreciate the per, but feel free to donate some of that baller fridge money you got :p :D

It's a really good cause. Prob the last time I cried was while listening to the soldiers stories at last years event and I doubt Ill keep a dry eye at this years. It's a real eye opener for those who have never been and I highly suggest anyone who can make it goes. If you can't go please feel free to donate.

If anyone that can't go wants me to pick them up a tee shirt PM me. Proceeds from the shirts go to the cause. Last year I got a few guys shirts. They also help spread the word.

9. Apr 25, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    I will be in Vegas that weekend.:drunk:

10. Apr 28, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    XXXX

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    !Pmub

11. Apr 29, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    XXXX

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Bump!

12. Apr 29, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Central, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport / Long Bed
    None
    Considering it. That is if I don't go down south to help with the Tornado clean up

13. May 2, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    :oldglory: BUMP for a good cause! :oldglory:

Products Discussed in

To Top