1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel corrosion advice.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by BlueBomber, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Apr 28, 2014 at 8:33 AM
    BlueBomber

BlueBomber [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Upstate, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco SR5 4x4
    Magnaflow 14"
    Well, here goes.
    I bought my truck just a few months back, and I knew from the start the wheels had a little bubbling in the finish, but I figured I'd just plasti-dip them and cover it up, however I didn't understand the extent of the damage. I got quite a closer look the other day when I gave the truck the wash and wax treatment, and I skipped over the wheels because I saw how badly damaged they were. As you can see the finish is ruined in quite a few spots, and chipping along the edges.

SO now, my question to pose to everyone is...what's my best option? I was thinking maybe sanding it down and painting it again, but I'm a complete amateur, and never painted anything on a vehicle before...so I don't really know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'd like to get these squared away this summer.

Also, in that last pic is some damage to the paint I hadn't noticed before, so I don't know if it's new or what, but I was curious if anyone had seen anything like it before? Very strange, almost like something touched the paint WHILE the truck was being painted, but that seems unlikely.

20140428_110842.jpg
    20140428_110917.jpg
    20140428_111001.jpg
    20140428_110931.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top