1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tonneau covers.

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Silence9, Apr 23, 2014.

1. May 1, 2014 at 5:20 AM
    brny67

brny67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Moyock NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport A/C
    Check out the roll x. There is a guy his name is Chas, I do believe go in the GB section, the price is great and this tonneau is bad it is water proof and also is a hard cover that rolls back. The only thing you have to add is a pop and lock.

2. May 1, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    4x4Taco2012

4x4Taco2012 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Huntingdon Valley, PA
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCSB Limited 4x4
    TRD lift, TRD SEMA wheels, TRD skid plate, TRD Pro fog lights, TRD Heritage Grill, OEM bed cover, LT275/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws, OEM bed lights, OEM all weather floor mats, OEM door skid plates, OEM mud guards, OEM bed mat, Black lug nuts
    I have a Roll-X from Bak and it's been great. It has a vinyl covering on the outside but aluminum underneath that rolls up and provides nearly full access to your bed, when needed. The only downside is it uses the bed rails. It actually uses the bed rails to lock down the sides. It takes less than two minutes to remove if you ever want to take it off. I've had mine for a year and I get a drip of water now and again, but 99% of the time the bed is dry. My truck is garage kept, but the cover looks as good today as it did when I installed it last Feb. I have a tailgate lock to help keep things secure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. May 1, 2014 at 6:12 AM
    brny67

brny67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Moyock NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport A/C
    Saving up some $ to get the roll x that thing is all kinds of bad arse

4. May 1, 2014 at 6:32 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    Yeah, the Mythbusters did a test and the results said that a tonneau cover is no different than not having a tonneau cover. The only thing that negatively affects gas mileage is removing or opening your tailgate because it actually causes more wind resistance (believe it or not). When your tailgate is closed there is no wind going into the bed because it's positive air pressure. Open the tail gate and now all the air goes over and into the bed and causes drag on the inside surfaces of the box. Close it and it creates a pocket/bubble of air that is pretty much just like having a tonneau cover. So your comment is kinda confusing, the only people that would see better mileage are the people that went from running around with no tailgate or an open tailgate to a closed tailgate and either with or without a tonneau.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  5. May 1, 2014 at 9:16 AM
    ppfd

ppfd Well-Known Member

Member:
    WV
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD ext. cab 6 spd
    I have an Access literider.
    I wanted something that stood over the bed to shed water and snow. I still have to brush off heavy snow though.

5 year warranty, and I was looking to keep the price under $300.00.

Bought it here:http://www.truckalterations.com/html/accessliterider.html

(recommended from this site as well)

Install is a 4 handed deal to make it easier. The bed rails come off and the cover goes against the bed and then the rails. Which were surprisingly heavier than I thought they would be.

Milage, no difference that I notice. Does a decent job of keeping the water out though.

Products Discussed in

To Top