1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TurtleWax ICE

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by J-Byrd, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Aug 9, 2009 at 3:40 AM
    J-Byrd

J-Byrd [OP] Member

Member:
    Hawaii, but move often
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5
    AEM Intake Rhino liner-bed Gaylord’s Tonneau Cover NGK plug wires
    I recently moved to Hawaii. The sun is definitely intense along with the salt air and RED-dirt. I decided to try TurtleWax ICE after my silver Tacoma 2001, Double Cab and been shipped from the West coast.
    The wax comes in a very thin, oily liquid, clear and lighter than Mother's NTX. You do not have to rub as hard, nor, polish. The shine is outstanding and you get a very nice and even "Beading" of water when the truck is wet (It rains sporadically, morning, mid-day and sometimes throughout the day).
    I also picked up some of their car wash, quick detailer and interior care products. All work as promised. The great thing about the interior care is that it is a 1-stop shop. It can even be used on the upholstery for minor stains. It works.
    For water spots, I still use 3M clear coat safe rubbing compound (Grey bottle) on a terry cloth that is damp and diluted. This removes all blemishes, even on chromed plastic, then I coat with the ICE wax. The 3M product is also great for removing the oxidization on your headlights.
    Overall, I am very pleased with the TurtleWax ICE products. Traditionally, I have been a Mother's guy. My dad has a 32 Ford Hi-boy with flames, which are hand outlined in electric blue. This stuff is deceivingly easy to apply and polish, and so far, appears to be working as promised.

2. Aug 9, 2009 at 3:49 AM
    dennyct@hotmail.com

dennyct@hotmail.com Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida & New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Sport
    Estang Tri-Fold
    I use it also. Nothing seems to stick to it except bird sh*t. Even after it rains, my truck is clean. Below are pics after I clayed it with Mothers and then used Ice.

mvc-593f.jpg
    mvc-594f.jpg
    mvc-595f.jpg
    mvc-596f.jpg

3. Aug 18, 2009 at 10:47 AM
    Gingrbredman

Gingrbredman Love the Tick!

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab Sport 4WD
    I love the ICE. Accidentally get a little on some black plastic, no white residue. Goes on easy, buffs real nice, and the shine is amazing.

4. Aug 18, 2009 at 10:53 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    I use the ice on the plastic, it's made for that also.

5. Aug 18, 2009 at 1:42 PM
    supremetaco2

supremetaco2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    +hp, lifted, lights, dif breather mod, debadged, shorty antenna...
    welcome to hawaii dude! i just bought the turtle wax ice, and it cleaned up nice...
    detailedcarnew_8110c61e75d88c4d78cdc325f5fec733e6233fe1.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top