1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH vs Stock Deck

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by lesterbangs, May 7, 2014.

1. May 7, 2014 at 1:25 PM
    lesterbangs

lesterbangs [OP] New Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner
    Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster :)

I wanted to ask the audiophiles for an opinion. I have a 2012 Tacoma with the High-end navigation factory stereo. I've upgraded all the speakers, added amps and a sub but am still running the factory intune deck. I own a Pioneer AVIC-z140bh which was previously in another truck for a very short time.

I was wondering if I would get much of an upgrade on sound quality if I pulled the factory deck and installed this one. Would I still be able to use the controls on the steering wheel and voice commands? Could someone give me pros and cons to making the switch?

I really appreciate all the effort and useful information I find here, thanks to all those who post.

2. May 7, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Big upgrade in sound quality. The stock HU is not very good at all. AVIC is a great HU. The speakers are pretty junky as well in the Taco but a new HU will help with them quite a bit. You won't be disappointing with installing that HU.

You will have to get some sort of steering wheel control adapter and you'll loose the bluetooth controls all together.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541SWIRC/PAC-SWI-RC.html?tp=3405

3. May 7, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    Agro

Agro Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L Ecoboost!
    Agreed. I owned the Z140BH. As far as sound quality, it is superior.

On a side note:
    However, I didnt care much for the Nav (coming from the older Z3) and the rest is kinda cruddy. I went to the AppRadio3 and am much happier, but not without it's own issues. I wonder if the new NEX stuff is improved.

Products Discussed in

To Top