1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 LED DTRL Resistor Install Help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 2014TRDTACO, May 15, 2014.

1. May 15, 2014 at 8:52 PM
    2014TRDTACO

2014TRDTACO [OP] New Member

Member:
    I just installed my LEDs and resistors and I keep blowing the 10A Taillamp fuse under the dash.

I'm assuming I hooked it up to the wrong wires? I've attached a photo of my set up. I read that as long as I avoid the solid green it should be good to go.

Thanks for the help.

IMG_20140515_204315.jpg

2. May 16, 2014 at 2:12 AM
    ZEROPILOT

ZEROPILOT Can't re-MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    ED
    SUNRISE,FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    09 2.7 XTRA CAB 5 SPEED
    LARGER WHEELS. DIFFERENT STEREO. PUSH BAR. TAILGATE EXTENDER. WIPER MOD. TPMS LIGHT DELETE MOD.
    You need the special type CK bulbs. Sorry. SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM A common problem.

3. May 18, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    csjumper2003

csjumper2003 Jumper's Leds Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 SSM Trd Off Road 4x4 Auto
    Resisters look hooked up fine. It's the bulbs that are the issue. They are what is popping the fuses. I carry both and amber and white/amber LEDs for that application.

4. Jun 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM
    pilav

pilav New Member

Member:
    @2014TRDTACO: Hi, it is right that you need to replace the DRL LEDs but also you should double check the value of resistor because the fuses always blown off due to excessive current and resistor controls the current flowing through the circuit.

electronic pcb assembly

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  5. Jun 24, 2014 at 7:53 PM
    toyotatruck11

toyotatruck11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoms SR5, tow package undergoing transform
    I just put HID headlights in my 2014 when looking at the stock harness from the rear it looks like a T. the bottom of the T is the ground. The left of the T is high beams and the right is low beams. I had the high and low beams switched backwards. ( the manual that came with the lights didn't specify if it was a front plug view or a rear plug in view) I blew the 10 amp fuse under the dash for my markers when it was hooked up backwards.
    Im in email talks right now with the manufacture as I cant get my DRL's to work and the high beams come on instead of the low beam. The funny thing is when I put my headlights on they come on in high mode but the HB dash indicator doesn't light up. The wiring is right, verified it with the MFG. Beamers. If I want my DRL's, I am supposed to hook up the low beam circuit to a 12 volt switched source. When I do so I have high beams in every switch position and the dash indicator is lit as well. So I have been pulling out my hair LOL.

6. Jun 24, 2014 at 7:59 PM
    toyotatruck11

toyotatruck11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoms SR5, tow package undergoing transform
    The stock DRLs low bean run in the 9.4ish volts range and the high beams run the full 12.6 volts area. Also make sure the lights are off during the install. I toasted a interior led during my swap out as the power was on to the bulb holder when I installed it.

Products Discussed in

To Top