1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TacomaWorld!!! I need your opinion!

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by ink junky, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Dec 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM
    bash42

bash42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    '22 DCLB TRD OR Super White

Awesome looking truck man and I think you made the right decision.

2. Dec 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    x2! One of the best looking trucks on the forum IMO. I'm sure you won't regret keeping it :)

3. Dec 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    ink junky

ink junky [OP] I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

Ah thanks guys!!! Compared to some of the other trucks on here though, she's pretty plain. :D

My bank account is still wondering WTF I'm gonna do.

Then I saw this in the funny pics thread a few days ago... :eek:
    [​IMG]

4. Dec 25, 2012 at 1:18 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Hey, Bash42: You feel the need to give me bad rep AGAIN saying my advice was bad? (Same spelling and everything?) How much of a tool are you, really? Did you give everyone else who had my same opinion bad rep because you got butthurt? Dude is still in financial trouble, said he was gonna trade it, only kept it b/c he wanted the truck, and you feel the need to give me double negative rep? He still says he's in financial trouble, yet somehow this makes you feel very good about yourself because why? You think he listened to your advice?

Sorry to hijack this, ink junky, and I wish you the best. Don't take any advice from this tool for anything, though, or else you'll work yourself into a worse financial situation than you're in now. Granted, you didn't follow his advice to begin with. BTW, your truck is pretty damned cool looking! Best of luck!

5. Dec 25, 2012 at 1:39 AM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    Glad to see you still have your truck inky. We were in about the same situation. Wife had an FJ. Freakin loved it. Also had a teenager starting to drive. Wife drives the crap out of anything she has,my truck sits. Bye bye FJ,hello corolla. Do we miss the FJ? Hell yea. But there's money leftover after another driver on board.

6. May 16, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    HOLY $HIT!!!

My truck is paid off!!! She's all mine!!! I sent in the last payment of $1,908.00 this past Sunday.

I'm glad I stuck to my guns and thanks to the guys who advised me to keep it after having thrown so much $$ into her in mods and what not.

Back when I made this post I was in a real tight spot. No money in my savings, gas was fuggin ridiculous, still is :rolleyes: but what a difference it makes when you have some financial cushioning and a growing savings account.

Once again thanks to you "stick to it" guys! I can't believe I've paid her off. My only intended future loan is for a house a few years down the road from now. :)

7. May 16, 2014 at 9:43 AM
    CelsisTaco

CelsisTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Des Monies, IA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB
    2 inch lift. LED fog lights (Cali fab) Alpine head unit. Kicker door speakers. Skar subwoofer.
    Maybe... find a 1st gen tacoma..? lol

8. May 16, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    CelsisTaco

CelsisTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Des Monies, IA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB
    2 inch lift. LED fog lights (Cali fab) Alpine head unit. Kicker door speakers. Skar subwoofer.

Shit, lol didn't see that... Congrats buddy!! :)

9. May 16, 2014 at 10:00 AM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:

Haha I was about to:

[​IMG]

On your first post. :p

10. May 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    Congrats man. Glad you kept it. I never saw the original thread, but I would have also recommended keeping your truck. Why? From a mechanical standpoint you have already worked out the kinks and problems of your truck. You know exactly how it was taken care of, etc. If you traded in on a rental, you have no idea if the transmission was about to shit, or the engine die. THEN where would you be financially? Sometimes the logical decision is sticking to what you know. Glad to hear you have paid it off now!

And thank you for your service! Semper Fi!

[​IMG]

11. May 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:

Thank YOU!!!

And Semper Fi!!!

12. May 16, 2014 at 4:07 PM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    Congrats man!!