1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Placing order on 2014 DCLB this week. Any input?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mike93SVT, May 18, 2014.

1. May 18, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    Mike93SVT

Mike93SVT [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Deridder, LA
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB SR5
    Forgive my newb lack of knowledge. first time getting a tacoma, let alone a toyota. i almost went with a silverado, but it's a new model and i don't need a full size. plus i like the resale value of the tacoma

i'm going to "build" and order a truck this week once i hear back from the dealers for best price and incentives. just have to pick the place.

This truck will be a daily driver, very rarely off road. will pull an enclosed trailer on occasion, with 2 harley's in it. i've researched everything i could think of and here's my final list. i'd appreciate any feedback about whether i should add, or delete some options.

thanks,
    mike

Double Cab
    Long Bed
    4x4

Blue Ribbon Metallic
    Interior Graphite (dealer has optional leather)

Current incentive gives $1,000 off if equipped with TRD package. so it's only $400 more to get the TRD Sport over the SR5. the TRD off road is not available with the long bed unfortunately.

So options I'm adding are

TRD Sport (as long as i get that 1k off, otherwise it's SR5)
    Towing Package

Hood protector
    All weather floor mats
    First Aid Kit
    Emergency Assistance kit
    VIP Security System
    3M Paint protection
    Truck Bed D Rings

this rolled up is currently quoted at $30,973 from one dealer and $31,200 from another. haven't heard of any other hidden fees yet, so hopefully that's accurate plus TTL. look forward to the comments.

and here's a pic i stole off google, and a member here. hope he doesn't mind, i pm'd him to see if he's still happy with it

TacomaBlue_zps2d8300b6_dbcf2636d8d7e546ad3a33643a9e1f689a5f70bd.jpg

2. May 18, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    Sounds spot on for the price.

Got my 2013 DCSB TRD off road 4x4 for 30900 before TTT.

I would skip the VIP security, or if its already installed in the truck have them super discount it (like 150 max) or free.

3. May 18, 2014 at 7:56 PM
    Mike93SVT

Member:
    Deridder, LA
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB SR5
    is the security system junk? i like that it has the window break sensor. but i also want to add remote start. and didn't see it available online in the catalog or builder tool.

so maybe skip the toyota security system and just add one with an aftermarket remote start? or is there a toyota available remote start?

thanks
    mike

4. May 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM
    Mike93SVT

Member:
    Deridder, LA
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB SR5

thanks, that's good info. that adjusted the price down to $30,598. This is just USAA car buying program. hope to get close to 31k out the door after some negotiating. I've got nothing but time to get the right deal.

mike

5. May 18, 2014 at 8:49 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    31k out the door.... eh thats probably pushing it.

Go to carsdirect.com build your truck, the price they give you is about 100-200 bucks above dealer cost.

6. May 19, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    OCNutty

OCNutty Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern, Va.
    Vehicle:
    Silver Prerunner DC v6 SR5 Tow
    Better verify you can place an order at all. May is real late for custom builds; Usually the cutoff if in April.
    You may be able to find one in build and modify it though.

7. May 19, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    dxpsman

dxpsman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oceanside, CA
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport PreRunner
    AFE MACH Force-Xp 3" Cat-Back Stainless Steel Exhaust System w/Black Tips, Complete OME 3" lift, debadged, Body Armor 4x4 side steps.
    Seems kind of pricey, depending on what interior package you're throwing in. Entune audio? JBL?

8. May 19, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    Spurholder

Spurholder Master of Zero Trades

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    FWIW, a good friend of mine just purchased a 2014 DCLB TRD Sport for $31,000 OTD.

9. May 19, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    Mike93SVT

Member:
    Deridder, LA
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB SR5
    thanks for the tips guys. i've got a few places trying to locate a truck and offer a price. going to be a long week with negotiating back and forth.

thanks
    mike

10. May 19, 2014 at 8:25 AM
    harley3

harley3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Lexington KY
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off-Road 4x4
    Redline Tuning Elite Hood Lifts, Weathertechs, Black Devil Horns (thank you Andres), G-Tek Fab Door Sill Protectors (thank you Greg), interior LED lights, Pioneer AVH-4000NEX, Kenwood 700w amp, Alpine door speakers tweeters and sub, SuperCrewSounds single sub box
    Like stated before, get these items (Hood protector, All weather floor mats, First Aid Kit, VIP Security System, Truck Bed D Rings) as aftermarket or DIY mods. They are much cheaper and usually better quality like the WeatherTech Digital Fit mats.

Welcome to the family!!!

11. May 19, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    Mike93SVT

Member:
    Deridder, LA
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB SR5
    last question.

is there any programs or things that are worth getting. not sure what they will be offering, but i'm sure there's some kind of extended warranty, etc. it was really cheap and covered wear and tear when we bought my wife's subaru. so we got it.

is toyota's any good for the price? also, what is toyota care. i saw one comment that it was a waste.

thanks
    mike

12. May 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    randomguy

randomguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dalles, OR
    Vehicle:
    17 T4R 4x4 MGM
    I went through sort of the same thing for my truck. I specifically wanted a Blue Ribbon Metallic DC 4x4 TRD Sport with the 6 speed manual and ended up paying $31,400. I also had Entune Plus and Toyota factory floor mats included.

Not the best deal but it took the dealership quite a while to find my truck and their trade in offer on mine made up the difference(Higher than anywhere else I'd been). I plan to keep the truck for 10+ years so I don't feel bad paying a few hundred more than everyone else to get the exact truck I wanted.

I bought the Toyota extended warranty. Something like 8 years and 100k miles bumper to bumper. I wouldn't buy it if you don't think you'll keep the truck past 3 years, that's the exact words the finance guy at my dealership stated. You can find the extended warranty online for a lot cheaper than the dealership would offer, even use that as a negotiating tool as they might match it. DO NOT BUY AN AFTERMARKET WARRANTY. Some scumbag dealers try to push them. If it's not backed by Toyota do not buy it.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  13. May 19, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    Snowbrdr1220

Snowbrdr1220 Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    13 DC TRD Off Road NBM
    The price seems pretty normal, but I have two recommendations for you:

1) Get the bed mat, best accessory you can get in my opinion and doesn't cost much.

2) Don't get WeatherTech floor mats! Get the new vinyl all weather flooring option. It only costs $50 when ordering, and isn't even available in these trucks outside of a custom order. Then you can add the Toyota all weather mats on top and they look great but aren't very functional. There's no reason to have carpet in a truck in my opinion.

14. May 19, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    Shakes2582

Shakes2582 Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    2013 DoubleCab TRD
    3" Pro Comp leveling kit 275/65R18 Cooper Discovery STT tires on 18" Ultra Barons Range Rider Apex Sport Series Canopy
    I would skip the security system if you are looking at a remote start. There is no Toyota factory remote start for these things so you will get an aftermarket system even if the dealer installs for you. My experience has been that the Toyota security system will not work well with an aftermarket system and it caused us endless problems. We ended up disabling the Toyota system and going with a security system/remote start combo that works very well now that the Toyota system issues are not affecting it.

I agree with harley3. Do all that extra stuff yourself, it is cheaper and more custom to your own preferences. Good luck and good choice. I'm sure you will love your truck

15. May 20, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    Tmill

Tmill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Florida Panhandle
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport Black DCLB

What he said.

Products Discussed in

To Top