1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sliders/steps ???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by John taco, May 18, 2014.

1. May 18, 2014 at 11:41 PM
    John taco

John taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT - Johnny
    King of Prussia PA
    I have searched around and found a few good posting but I would like to ask in my own thread.

I am looking for a set of sliders that are nicely in length ( from truck out) that I could use mainly for steps to get in the truck and mostly to stand on with the doors close to reach up on the roof rack with out kicking the side of the truck...

I was thing I am leaning towards the SOS concept slider with kick out.
    Must be Bolt On also.

I have a 2014 dcsb

Please let me know your opinion and Pictures would be great

Thanks for any input!!

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. May 19, 2014 at 12:16 AM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Why not just go for some heavy duty looking side steps? There are several options you can find by just searching Google that look like sliders but aren't. IMHO what is called a bolt on slider is pretty much a waste of money unless you drill a few more frame holes. More holes means a weaker frame, it's a self destructive circle.

3. May 19, 2014 at 1:10 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    It depends on what you want to do with your truck. If you plan to go offroad, be cautious of steps. They generally reduce your clearance. Sliders give better protection offroad as well as in parking lots. As far as bolt or weld. Weld does give you more durability, but several guys on here have bolt-ons (myself included) and have had no problems. There are a handful of vendors that make these.

Check here for durability with bolt-ons from Famous Fab.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/famous-fabrication/188597-famous-fabrication-rock-sliders.html

[​IMG]

4. May 19, 2014 at 8:25 AM
    John taco

Member:
    First Name:
    JT - Johnny
    King of Prussia PA
    Thanks for the respond. I could do the weld set up but I just got the truck and I honestly do not want to make the slider Permanent to the truck.

I have not found any steps that I liked compared to the SOS concept slider

Also I have seen your set up krob32 I did consider it.

Thanks for the picture. The off roading were I'm located it more hard dirt, sand, and mid nothing too crazy as rock

5. May 19, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    I just installed some SOS bolt ons (no kickout) over the weekend. I had them built at 0° for primarily to be used as steps. Ater I got them, I picked up some expanded steel mesh for a filler plate and welded it in place. Two coats of POR15 and some bed liner topped it off. They make a great step and are certainly beefy enough for my needs. Here's the link to a picture: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/so...5026-sos-concepts-sliders-39.html#post8676430 and http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/so...5026-sos-concepts-sliders-39.html#post8676441

6. May 19, 2014 at 11:11 AM
    John taco

Member:
    First Name:
    JT - Johnny
    King of Prussia PA
    Yes sounds exactly what I want! Do you have exact picture of your set up? Would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

7. May 19, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    John taco

Member:
    First Name:
    JT - Johnny
    King of Prussia PA
    Nvm I found the picture. Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top