1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2001 Tacoma Double cab V6

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by rjfarnworth, May 19, 2014.

1. May 19, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    rjfarnworth

rjfarnworth [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryen
    Bend, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma 4x4
    Im thinking about selling my 2001 Double cab tacoma V6 Limited. The truck has 235,xxx miles. I have owned this truck for 10 years and she has never failed me once. Truck runs great! It has magna flow exhaust (not loud but sounds great) k&n cold air intake. Bilstien shocks all around. I have always changed the oil at Toyota dealerships. Recently i replaced the lower control arms and new bushings, had a complete fuel system flush. New rear brakes about 6 months ago and new front brakes about a year ago. The dealership just checked them both and said they are both good. Just put new Goodyear tires all around about 2000 miles ago. There is normal wear and tear for a 13 year old truck but overall its in great shape. The interior is spotless and the exterior paint is great except for some minor fading on the top of the cab.
    The only bad things i can say about the truck is that recently i have been experiencing a vibration on braking. I was told it is most likely the Brake Proportioning Valve which needs adjusting or needs to be replaced. Also recently there is a quiet ticking noise coming from the engine and i had the dealership check it out but they could not pin point it. The valve covers are leaking a bit but nothing major. (that is normal for these V6 3.4 engines) The check engine light has been on for probably 3 yrs now. The dealership told me its the cat converter is not heating to right temp but if it runs good i dont need to replace it so ive just left it as is. The light goes on and off. Recently passed smog with flying colors too.
    I dont know why the pics are sideways. Sorry
    Im asking $8500 OBO
    Thanks for looking.

image-4.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    image-1.jpg

2. May 20, 2014 at 9:16 AM
    rjfarnworth

rjfarnworth [OP] Well-Known Member

Member: