1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Things the next gereration doesn't need to know

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Rupp1, Jan 30, 2014.

1. May 20, 2014 at 2:43 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    It makes it too easy though. Math problem to figure out? No problem I have a calculator or google. Going somewhere? I don't know how to read a map. No problem plug in Judy and she will tell you exactly how to get there. Need to fix supper? No cook book? No problem microwave food with instructions on side.

2. May 20, 2014 at 3:14 AM
    OldGeezer42

OldGeezer42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Silver Base
    Husky mats,30% tint all around, DTRL,OEM Bed mat,UWS Tool box,OEM fog lights,5100's,Wheelers 3leaf HD springs.OEM cruise control,OEM wipers,,Avid light bar,Flyzeye Leds,4x4 illuminated switch.Matt123 skids,bed lights,Ome 884s
    I cooked with Phil a few years ago, down to earth guy, very smart ,just his road to success wasn't easy, his boys are all successful , they play the TV game but one on one just normal people.

Respect is what the next generation has not been taught. The respect owed to our vets, elderly , and parents. And simple phrase "no sir and yes sir" has been eliminated from our language . Except in my house.

3. May 20, 2014 at 5:25 AM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Trd Offroad
    True, but the only thing that bugs me is how much the technology disassociates people from the world around them. My fiance's 7 yr old nephew has an iPad and he's one of those little shits that takes it EVERYWHERE with him and you have to threaten his life to put it away and when he does, he acts like a shit head. Granted, I'm only 25, but when I was growing up, I enjoyed interacting with the world around me and meeting new kids, not just playing Candy Crush. Even people my age are ridiculous, if you go out to eat or anywhere, everyone's glued to their damn phones. There's a bar here we like to go to and they have a sign that says, "No we don't have WIFI; turn your phone off and enjoy those around you" This needs to be in every place of business in America.

4. May 20, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    hitmans.army

hitmans.army Just a guy.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Myrtle Creek, OR
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner & '40 Chrysler Coupe
    Bilstein 5100s up front with OME 885s, rear Add-A-Leaf, LED lights (tails, dome, map, plate lights), Kicker 8" in custom fiberglass enclosure under back seat, Kicker speakers throughout and Kicker amp for sub, Pioneer DVD Player, Satoshi Grille with Devil Horns, Leer 100XQ.
    I had to explain this to my 26 year old cousin when he pulled all the plug wires off an El Camino he purchased.

5. May 22, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    vtrguy

vtrguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jarrod
    Chico
    Vehicle:
    '01 Taco TRD xCab SR5
    Deckplate, Full OME kit, Snugtop Camper, Camry ignition ring, TRD Catback
    I think you're spot on here.

Parents now use their iPhones, iPads, TVs and whatever technical dongle they can use to pacify their child rather than let them out and tire themselves out. I didn't have a cell phone until I was 17, and guess who paid for that? Me. Started working at 15.5 and have been doing so ever since and you can be damn sure I learned the value of money right and quick and I haven't used a cent of my parents money since.

I'm 23 and the only things I got to do inside on a daily basis when I was a kid were eat, sleep and sh*&. That and the occasion episode of Steve Irwin but I barely count that as TV because it's teaching kids to use their imagination and explore. There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't end up with a new cut or bruise somewhere on me for having done some stupid stuff by learning my own limits.

Kids now-a-days (now I sound like an old fart) don't know them. They live their lives through a 3.5 diagonal back-lit screen and ignore the world we live in; slowly morphing into a many headed, machine/human hybrid where they are dependent on the newest tech trend to feel alive.

Forget human interaction, humans are interesting, and diverse, and SO profoundly beautiful and terrifying as a species, why would we ever want to actually interact with each other?

6. May 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    :proposetoast::bowdown:

7. May 22, 2014 at 9:01 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    well put, sir! :thumbsup:

8. May 22, 2014 at 9:03 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Totally agree

9. May 22, 2014 at 9:10 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Respect and Responsibility. My Freshman year of College was ten time harder not to smash anyone face than pretty much any other point in my life.

Products Discussed in

To Top