1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rigid light bar wire harness routing?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Ken b, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Jun 5, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    Ken b

Ken b [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Surprise, Az
    Vehicle:
    14 offroad 4x4
    ARE shell, bedrug, TRD wheels
    How did you guys route the wire harness for the rigid light bars? Where did you feed it through the firewall?

Also how do you get to the switch panel under the AC? All my switch locations on the left side are full since my truck is a offroad version.

This is the harness that came with the light. I am assuming i need to mount the relay to some place under the hood. Feed the part that is for the switch through the firewall.

Is there a place under the hood that has high amp ignition switch control? I want the light to shut off if the truck is off.
    image.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. Jun 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    fuballs

fuballs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab Long Bed SR5
    Leer Canopy, Thule Roof Rack, Aux Fog Lights, okledlightbars.com 30" double row, AUX fuse Box, Tepui Kukenam
    just pry the dash apart gently, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_lhVFJGIKs

after that i routed my wiring harness through the hole near the steering column. its a fucking pain but if you have an over sized pen with a screw off tip you can do it really easily. take the ink out of the pen, jab the pen through the rubber in the grommet in the firewall, rout everything through the pen then pull the pen out and tape up the hole. kinda gheto but it makes life easy

3. Jun 7, 2014 at 5:00 AM
    Kilo Kilo

Kilo Kilo Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Central Mass.
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC SR5 2.7L 5-Spd
    Tonno Pro tri-fold Bed Cover, LED's, Reflective lettering
    I did this too. I don't think it's ghetto-rigged though. The truck's wiring harnesses run through this grommet. Mine had an extra, unused "tube" below the big hole where the truck harness came in. Haven't had any issues with water coming through, it's a pretty good seal.

Products Discussed in

To Top