1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this a good deal? -- 2001, 118k, topper, $9800

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by PeteRock, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Jun 8, 2014 at 9:11 PM
    PeteRock

PeteRock [OP] Member

Member:
    I'm *considering* buying this Tacoma. I've read the sticky of what to do/look for when buying a used Tacoma, but I'd appreciate any other input. Would you buy this?

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/4502709505.html

• 2001 Tacoma Pre-Runner TRD Xtra cab
    • 118k miles
    • Leer bed cap (100XL I believe)
    • Third owner
    • $9800

From the owner:

"I bought the truck about 1 1/2 years ago to use for weekend yard work, and fishing because I had a company car. I just purchased a SUV so I no longer need the truck.

Since owning the truck I've had all the maintenance performed by Lex-Tech (certified Toyota technicians) here in Charleston. I've done all major and minor maintenance to the truck and I have the documents to show. Please see the list below. The engine is strong.

115k major service
    Transmission flush
    New spark plugs
    Starter replaced
    Timing belt replaced

The original owner had the truck for most of her life, he was a commercial pilot that drive the truck to and from the airport. The 2nd owner was a gentlemen in Tennessee that owned an interstate battery distribution branch, he owned the truck for less than a year before selling it to me."

Thanks!

00F0F_92RKCNGcuZA_600x450.jpg
    unnamed1.jpg
    unnamed4.jpg
    unnamed3.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg

2. Jun 8, 2014 at 9:15 PM
    DJB1

DJB1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2003 Regular Cab 4X4 5MT
    It's a purty truck but I'd hold out for a 4x4. Lots of prerunner regret on Tacoma World...

3. Jun 8, 2014 at 9:22 PM
    yoterdude

yoterdude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Athens, AL
    Vehicle:
    2000 Taco SR5 TRD
    Aero Turbine 2525, Aero tip, AFE Dry Pro S filter, deckplate mod, TRS Morimoto Mini H1 projectors, TRS xBLed angel eyes, Vent visors, Blacked out tail lights, LED turn signals, 10w LED auxiliary reverse lights, 20in LED light bar, OTRATTW switches, LED interior lights, Blue needles, front Bilstein 5100s, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, OMD leaf spring mod, Trail Gear low profile bumper, Black grill, JVC KW-HDR81BT head unit, Husky Liners, 5% tint all round, 50% tint on windshield with 9 inch strip, front Wet Okoles, stickers, and a rubber ducky on the antenna :D
    First off, welcome to TW! That is a great looking truck and it seems to be in good condition. The main things to look for is frame rust in these trucks but other than that if it runs good and sounds good go for it! It shouldn't have any rust being from the southeast. You could ask him if he would take $9000, he might.

4. Jun 8, 2014 at 9:23 PM
    yoterdude

yoterdude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Athens, AL
    Vehicle:
    2000 Taco SR5 TRD
    Aero Turbine 2525, Aero tip, AFE Dry Pro S filter, deckplate mod, TRS Morimoto Mini H1 projectors, TRS xBLed angel eyes, Vent visors, Blacked out tail lights, LED turn signals, 10w LED auxiliary reverse lights, 20in LED light bar, OTRATTW switches, LED interior lights, Blue needles, front Bilstein 5100s, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, OMD leaf spring mod, Trail Gear low profile bumper, Black grill, JVC KW-HDR81BT head unit, Husky Liners, 5% tint all round, 50% tint on windshield with 9 inch strip, front Wet Okoles, stickers, and a rubber ducky on the antenna :D
    This is true but if you don't need 4wd I would get it.

5. Jun 8, 2014 at 9:25 PM
    PeteRock

PeteRock [OP] Member

Member:
    Yeah, I definitely don't need 4x4. If I'm being honest with myself, most of the miles would be perfectly good roads.

6. Jun 9, 2014 at 6:04 AM
    Andy.G

Andy.G Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sx 4x4 2.7 5 speed
    Started automatic. Swapped to manual
    Offer less and see if he will deal. Looks nice if you don't want a 4x4. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top