1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Leaf TSB Denied by dealer

Discussion in 'North East' started by ziggynagy, May 21, 2014.

1. May 21, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy [OP] All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    Brought my truck into Copeland Toyota to get the rear leaf tsb (0359-10) but the service advisor is telling me the tech is unable to duplicate the issue so they are not going to change out the leafs. Anyone else had this issue or experience with a dealer who will make the swap?

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. Jun 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM
    Chopper678

Chopper678 Professional Threadjacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 PreRunner V6 DCSB
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    Hey go ahead and post this this the second gen discussion section, you may get more replies than in a regional section.

3. Jun 8, 2014 at 12:45 PM
    Cmurder

Cmurder 2011 TX TRD Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    B.C.
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD Offroad
    nothing cool
    Hendricks Toyota here in Kansas City denied me. Olathe Toyota said no problem after i told them my story. Try another dealership if you have one near. Thats my advice. And make sure youre still under warranty. Mine is a 2011 like yours and my 3yr/36k expired in February.

4. Jun 9, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    I didnt buy my taco brand new but if i did i would get the dealer to put on tsb springs before buying a new one. Most salesmen would get it done with no issues to hold onto a sale.

5. Jun 9, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Load the truck up with 400 lbs of something and take it in and show them the trucks on the bump stops and can't support the weight. Also tell them the truck has a harsh ride. Get a copy of the TSB and read the wording of the complaint and tell them the exact words and show it to them if necessary.

6. Jun 9, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    Cmurder

Member:
    First Name:
    B.C.
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD Offroad
    nothing cool
    [​IMG]

you really do need to say the words "harsh ride". Olathe toyota was super friendly and the service manager honestly had never heard of it. But when i looked for harsh ride he found it right away.

7. Jun 9, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    ziggynagy

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    I was holding out on getting this done til I was close to my 3yr/36k (November).

I gave the service rep a copy of the TSB (he even noted the TSB# in the service order) told him about the "harsh ride" and his response back was that the tech wasn't able to duplicate the issue. I asked how much weight was placed in the bed and the answer was zero, tech inspected the rear leafs. No shit he couldn't get a harsh ride cause he never put any weight in. Argued with the service rep then got on the horn with Toyota Corp Customer service and they stated the TSB is at the tech's discretion. I'll try going your route of loading up the bed and taking a pic of the bump stops.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Opened this thread in the Northeast section as I was hoping someone knew a MA dealership that would just do this without me having to show them the actual bed under load.

8. Jun 9, 2014 at 7:15 AM
    Cmurder

Member:
    First Name:
    B.C.
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD Offroad
    nothing cool
    On a side note. I never had to bring my truck in "loaded" down with any weight. Just talked to the service manager over the phone and with some polite conversation had said No Problem. I did have to take it in prior to the TSB just so he could make sure i hadn't modified anything. He looked at my truck for about 30 seconds and said the parts were ordered.

9. Jun 9, 2014 at 7:20 AM
    ziggynagy

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    I wish... I described the whole issue ahead of time with the service rep and gave him the TSB over the phone so he could have it documented when he wrote up/scheduled the service. He kept saying the tech would need to inspect it to verify, tho I see zero verification steps in the TSB for a tech. I've cooled off after a few weekends at the beach, but am ready to bring this back up to the dealer.

Products Discussed in

To Top