1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DNX9140 Screen Change

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by blacksandtaco, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Aug 26, 2009 at 7:19 AM
    blacksandtaco

blacksandtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maybe I"m just imagining things but today as I was driving home from a late night stroll I noticed that while my screen is set to the main control screen there was a little white bar about an 1/8 of an inch thick at the very bottom of the status bar where it displays the orange or white "TEL" for bluetooth and "IN" (if you have a CD/DVD in) and "AUTO1", "AUTO2" or "MANU" for tuning. This is normally hidden if you press and hold down the TEL button on the head unit itself to bring up your green navigation bar. My background is all black with a Toyota emblem and I know I've never seen this little line there before. It only does it while on the source control screen. The screen is fine while in DVD playback mode and at the system startup screen. Does anyone else have this issue or could my screen be defective already? I've only had the damn thing installed for 3 months and wouldn't think it would be a cause for the screen to be damaged already. All thoughts are appreciated and thanks in advance. I will try to post a better picture tomorrow.

Here is a better pic during the day. Sorry my phone's cam is pretty worthless.
    Attached Thumbnails[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Aug 26, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    blacksandtaco

Member:
    Here are some better pics from my digital camera. This is strange because I'm almost positive that the status bar should be all black.

100_1601.jpg
    100_1604.jpg

3. Aug 27, 2009 at 4:52 PM
    blacksandtaco

Member:
    No love on this? I know there are a lot of 9140 owners out there. Surely someone could let me know that I'm either crazy for just now noticing that white fade or at least tell me that their status/function bar is all black. Please let me know, this little issue is kind of driving me crazy.

4. Oct 7, 2009 at 2:08 AM
    Westdog976

Westdog976 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frankie
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    4x4 SR5 TRD Sport S/B D/C Magnetic Gray
    MX black upper and lower girlles, debadged, limo tints, TRD CAI, flowmaster dual side exit cat-back, DRL mod, 33x12.5 Toyo Open Country M/T, 18x9 XD Monsters, 6" stage II pro comp lift, smoked LED tails and third brake light, mag gray eyelids, 5901 viper remote start alarm, one touch window modules, 10,000k bixenon hid headlights, 3,000k hid fogs, 4x4 switch LED mod, RBP nerf bars, weathertech floor liners, muth signal mirrors, avid light bar, kenwood excelon dnx9140 nav
    i just checked and i have it too! even in the nav screen you can see it but it is behind the bar at the bottom that displays the source (look at the bottom right corner)

5. Oct 7, 2009 at 6:55 PM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    That pic looks just like my avatar pic. Is that the one I took?

Sorry, I have no advice to help you fix this problem...

Products Discussed in

To Top