1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Maintenance Advice

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by trexTRD, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Jun 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    trexTRD

trexTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Fox All Around, MaxTracs, Black & Red Leather Seats, Straight Pipe, and other crap...
    Hi, so my 25k free maintenance is done for 2013 TRD Sport. Time to either get raped by Dealer or to do it myself and save my self some bucks with better quality products right???

Okay well I was looking at filters to begin with, how does the TRD Tacoma Oil Filter do???

Any oils that you've actually felt a difference??? I'm switching to synthetic so something alone that category.

How about spark plugs for the future????

Thanks guys!

2. Jun 25, 2014 at 10:59 AM
    KMitch

KMitch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB TRD Off Road
    OEM filter and Mobil 1

3. Jun 25, 2014 at 11:02 AM
    surferkid

surferkid Zombie Killer

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 4x4 2.7 5spd
    camper, thule board racks, wet okole seat covers, AFE dry filter, smittybilt light bar
    denso iridium plugs because im not sure about the 2012-14s but on the v6 they run half denso and half ngk but i hear the densos run better for oil i use the trd filter and mobil 1 oil and my truck runs fine havent used anything else since i purchased the vehicle. but the stock and trd filter elements are way bigger than aftermarket like fram k&n/mobil1 and purolator. have fun and save money by doing it yourself! good luck!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/te...-oil-filter-made-thailand-vs-competition.html

link to oil filter comparison

4. Jun 25, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jun 25, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    Anderson

Anderson Dudemanbro

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    ProBro
    Stuff
    Factory filter and drain plug gasket. If you want to use an upgraded oil, first educate yourself over at www.bobistheoilguy.com and then just fork over the moolah for Liqui-Moly or Lubro-Moly oil(same company). If you are sticking with dino oil, try using an eco-power product as it is re-refined oil and is much better for the environment...

Most of my customers choose the Eco-Power oil as it fits their personal values. I usually only recommend the Liqui-Moly product if it's someone who is an enthusiast or just wants the best possible protection for their vehicle. I found this oil when I bought a Ze German auto and have never used anything else in that car. I also run it in my MR2 and it has quieted down this noisy little sucker quite a bit.

Products Discussed in

To Top