1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wanting to lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by countryboy99, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Jul 1, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    countryboy99

countryboy99 [OP] New Member

Member:
    huntsville
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 SR5
    K&N intake Black bull bar Side steps black
    I'm wanting to lift a 2014 tocoma 4x4 but I'm not sure what is the better lift for it. I'm looking for a 3 to 4 inch lift, what is suggested?

IMG_20140607_194437645.jpg

2. Jul 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM
    TrueNorth

TrueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13' V6 4X4 DCSB
    Weather tech floormats and visors, ImMrYo rear-view mirror bracket Cooper ST Maxx 255/85/16 On stock TRD alloys. OME 887's w/NitroCharger sports, LR uca's, Toytech sway bar relocate, Dakar leaf's modified with some 1/8" UHMW liner strips. SuperBumps front and back.
    What do you use your truck for and what's your budget? Old Man Emu aka OME if you haul or tow anything. If you do the 3" or above you should look into getting new upper control arms to regain caster and get a good alignment post lift.

3. Jul 2, 2014 at 4:54 AM
    countryboy99

countryboy99 [OP] New Member

Member:
    huntsville
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 SR5
    K&N intake Black bull bar Side steps black
    I do little bit of hauling mostly to go ride ATVs and when winter gets bad I load my ATV up for weight cuz where I live. I'm not worry about the price just want something that will hold up to the hell that it will get put though

4. Jul 2, 2014 at 6:33 AM
    FATaco

FATaco Meh

Member:
    First Name:
    Friends call me Ginger
    Fairbanks
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD DCSB
    Dakars w/AAL, OME/886's, All Pro Front Bumper, Rear bumper, IFS skid, and UCA's. Superwinch Tigershark. Magnaflow muffler... vrooom
    I'd suggest spending some time reading through the suspension section and reading the pros and cons of all the different options. If money isn't a big deal my suggestion would be a whole new spring pack for the rear. There are a million options for the front. 3" is about the most you'll get out of a lift on the 4x4. 1" body lift is easy to do if you want the extra. Or, go the 6" route, but you'll usually need at least 17's, maybe 18's depending on the lift so it adds up quickly.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top