1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension Options, Advice Needed - '02 PRE DBL 3.4L TRD

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Area51Runner, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Jul 14, 2014 at 1:59 AM
    Area51Runner

Area51Runner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern California, Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    02 3.4 DC TRD PreRunner 4WD SWAP
    A few months ago if I was faced with this, I would have just went the stock parts route but since I have found TW and fallen back in love with my truck (lol, sorry wife) - I figured I'd hit up the forum for advice on suspension.

Fronts are starting to become bouncy and need to be replaced. Rear seems solid and I guess passes the bounce test. Original shocks/struts @ 128k so its definitely time to replace.

Rims are stock - and I currently have Kumho Road Ventures (265/70r16) however they are also due to be replaced soon. I want to get back to BFG and this time around want to put the ATA K/Os on. I'd rather not head down the road of larger rims as that will begin to become costly. Rather stick with the 16s so I suppose a lift wouldn't look right. :confused:

As for driving/usage - I'm basically stock and hit the occasional dusty road once in a blue moon - meaning, hardly never. This isn't to say that wont change so I want to be able to hit the trails if I find myself in that situation.

In another thread, I was given the following advice:

After reading countless threads here and wanting to stick with stock brand, I was leaning towards Bilstein 5100s. I am of course open and just basically need some advice - pros/cons, brand options, etc.

With the Rancho Quicklift - I found two listed on Amazon.

There is the Rancho RS999907 Quick Lift Loaded Strut, Rancho RS999908 Quick Lift Loaded Strut and Rancho RS999794 Quick Lift Suspension Lift System. Im guessing without looking at detail that the 907 and 908 are left/right side.

Not sure the difference yet with the 794 system.

One of the amazon reviews for the RS999907/908 mention:
    Not set on any specific brand as yet. Opinions welcome and sorry for the winded post - just adding what I have so far.

I'll post current condition pics tomorrow. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. Jul 14, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    Aztecs

Aztecs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB V6 4x4 SR5
    Debadge, Tailgate lock, 3" ProComp Suspension Lift, ProComp wheels and tires, Volant CAI with ram air scoop.
    I like the Bilstein as well so check out the Toytec website since they sell several options. But I took a different path, I went with the ProComp ProRunners. I love them and everyone that has taken a ride in my truck loves the drive because it feels great. But since your truck is a 02 PreRunner, I'll say Bilstein since that is what I installed on my 99 PreRunner.

Products Discussed in

To Top