1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hockey Trash Talk & BS thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by EquinsuOcha, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Jul 11, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Blue Jackets give Dubinsky a 6 year extension

Lightning add Brendan Morrow on a 1 year

Red Wings re-sign Cleary for 1 year

2. Jul 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    Blue Hooligan

Blue Hooligan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Tacoma TRD Sport
    Yeah the media can be a fucking circus around here.
    A couple of years ago some fan ended up running into and talking to Claude Noel (head coach at the time) at a restaurant for quite some time. He then contacted someone at the National Post who wrote an article about all the nasty things Noel said about some players. Total bush league the article was even published.

I don't even think Kane cares if he gets traded, I thinks he just likes disturbing shit. He's still a kid and says some pretty stupid shit sometimes. Definitely not good answers to the questions though, although he was probably liquored up at that golf tournament. I know I would be.
    He re-signed a 5 year deal a couple of years ago so I don't understand why he'd want out now, not much has changed since then.
    I hope they keep him. There have been trade rumors surrounding him for 3 years now.

3. Jul 11, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    No, but I do know he has attitude needs to improve. His profile is too great for him to be acting like a child publicly. If he produced like Patrick Kane, I am sure the media would be more focussed on his positive attributes than he douchery. I understand he is young, but so are many other stars who don't act like fools publicly and then express indifference towards peoples concerns.

Kane is more suited to a larger American market where hockey flies under the radar. Sure I would like to see him stay, mature and blossom into a consistent 30 goal scorer, but it isn't going to happen. He will be traded when the right offer is tabled and until he stops shooting from shit areas of the ice, he will not be a consistent 30 goal scorer.

4. Jul 12, 2014 at 7:08 AM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    I like the honesty. I hear this kind of stuff about Kadri all the time. Once the media gets a sniff of something, they poke at it for life. Both Kadri and Kane are talented, but both need more maturing for sure. The only issue with Kane is they signed him to a long term deal way too early. Look at what happened with Subban. Ya they will have to pay him a few mil more now then what he wanted before, but signing that bridge deal and making him work for the long term deal for 2 more seasons really seemed to mature the kid more. Kadri was in the same boat, not as talented as the other two obviously but he wanted a long term deal last summer. Nonis was like fuck that and the media blew it up. It was not until Phaneuf basically took Kadri aside and started straightening the kid out before he started to be a more mature player. Now this season I expect a bit more from him.
    The only thing that worries me about Kane is I worked with his close cousin for a while up until late 2013. The things he told me about the guy was not stuff you want on your team. Hopefully he grows up fast

5. Jul 12, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    JustinL

JustinL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Berlin, CT
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffRoad DCSB Pyrite Mica
    2012 Conversion
    I remember that story

If I'm a player and every single reporter in my home town is constantly asking me if I'd like to stay there, my attitude will suck too. The media needs to start asking management why they're not making big trades to be somewhat relevant in the western conference. The biggest impact that team has is playing spoilers for a bubble team trying to make the playoffs. It's too bad because I'd like to see that team do well. :(

6. Jul 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM
    maxpower29

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
  7. Jul 12, 2014 at 9:04 PM
    Hairy Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    A friend of mine is close with many involved with the team. My understanding is that Kane is most definitely an oddball in the room. Not one of the more liked guys.

8. Jul 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM
    Hairy Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    Winnipeg is a team that is being developed primarily through the draft. You are not likely to see any big trades by this franchise unless they need to get rid of players before they are lost. The local population understands and accepts this. Unfortunately, the franchise is not attractive to most players or their wives because the team is not in serious contention and the city is simple and suffers from poor weather. One of the two might change in time, but until then attracting high profile players will be difficult. We are in an era where established players pretty much dictate their own movement.

I would like to see Kane do well here. I too have at times wished that the media would lay off of him, because he is just a kid. The reality is that being a pro hockey player in Canada gets you a lot of attention, be it Winnipeg or elsewhere. The Media is merciless and Kane is an arrogant young fucker that could get away with it if he performed better.

9. Jul 13, 2014 at 5:31 AM
    maxpower29

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Yup this is all bang on. Building with all top 10 picks will probably work out but take some time. Toronto is sort of in the same boat. People dont want to play here because they have the stupidest fans in the world. Most of them dont know hockey and just shoot their mouths off. Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, and the others need to keep drafting in the 1st round, and make trades. Its the only way canadian teams can be contenders now without massively overpaying

10. Jul 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM
    ErocksTaco

ErocksTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DCSB Sport Radiant Red
    OME 886 and rear Dakars Light Racing Upper Control Arms All pro U-bolt flip with Timbren Bump Stops CVJ Reman axles with off road boots Adventure Offroad Fab Sliders ARB Front Bumper Interior LEDs Weathertechs 2009+ taillights 2009+ headlights
    Just like Edmonton... oh wait
    JK, Definitely seems like they're headed in the right direction but with all the tough competition in the Central it wont be easy

11. Jul 14, 2014 at 5:17 PM
    JustinL

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Berlin, CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 Conversion
    Matt Bartowski signs in BOS for $1.25m for 1yr

Krug is next then someone is getting dealt. I'm thinking Kelly and McQuaid.

12. Jul 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    eborgie

eborgie No Yotas Here

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Bellingham, MA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Bronco Sasquatch
    I think Mcquaid is def a goner. Him and miller play a similar game and miller is much cheaper. The Kelly contract has sucked since they signed him. I guess some of the prospects could be fighting for a roster spot. David Pastrnak is the name being thrown around after dev camp.

13. Jul 15, 2014 at 6:23 AM
    JustinL

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Berlin, CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 Conversion
    Pasternak is 170lbs, he'll be a camp hero then go back. He's got at least another year.

14. Jul 17, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    JustinL

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Berlin, CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 Conversion
    Is Subban going for arbitration?

15. Jul 17, 2014 at 2:42 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

yes

16. Jul 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM
    JustinL

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Berlin, CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 Conversion
  17. Jul 17, 2014 at 5:16 PM
    Hairy Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
  18. Jul 19, 2014 at 2:33 PM
    disc0monkey

disc0monkey All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!

Member:
    Oz just got on the boat to leave San Juan island. How do you live up here. It's freezing in july

19. Jul 19, 2014 at 2:43 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:

You crazy ? We broke heat records last week

Pretty beautiful country here in the islands you gotta admit

20. Jul 19, 2014 at 3:02 PM
    disc0monkey

disc0monkey All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!

Member:
    Yeah it's pretty cool, saw like 15 whales yesterday. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405807302.384188.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top