1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Downsizing from 2014 Ext. Cab, MGM, Off Road....

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by 1stgenpre, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Jul 19, 2014 at 8:29 PM
    1stgenpre

1stgenpre [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kathy
    Foothills of NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab Sport Speedway Blue
    Tint, shorty antenna, custom bedside decals, Weather Tech mats, undercover bed cover, Wet Okole seat covers, TRD shift knob, 3 inch lift, Level 8 MK 6 wheels in matte black, BFG A/Ts 285/70/17, LED bed lights by tacodane, nfab steps, salex organizer, bed extender, pioneer head unit, satoshi grill, tacoma trucks sunshade, more to come...
    Just bought a 2014 Tacoma back in December....extended cab, TRD Off Road, magnetic grey...almost all options, even the paint protection on the hood and fenders. We saw it being taken off the truck at the dealership and bought it before it even made it on the lot. My better half and I have decided that the payment is a little much for us to handle right now unfortunately. We have other things on our plate that need to be handled and have decided to get rid of the new truck...possibly going to a car of some sort. We don't want to get rid of it but have decided it would be best. We have a 2011 Tacoma that we are keeping so we won't be Tacoma-less altogether.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone on here might be interested. Right now we are upside down a bit...having paid on it less than a year. It has a leveling kit installed professionally at the dealership as well as 16 inch Raceline Raptor wheels and BFG AT's that are about 16 months old that were bought and installed by Discount Tire. It just had its first oil change and has an extended warranty to boot. I would love to have payoff...but I am also realistic. The truck is immaculate...no dings, chips, etc. please let me know if you're interested. Extremely nice truck with off road tires, leveling kit and aftermarket wheels already done. Payoff is 34k....yes I got butt raped on this one....

I don't have any photos with the Raptors on the truck...but will soon if interested. Right now all I have are pics of the truck and the wheels and tires.

image.jpg

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  2. Jul 19, 2014 at 8:33 PM
    1stgenpre

Member:
    First Name:
    Kathy
    Foothills of NC
    Vehicle:
    Tint, shorty antenna, custom bedside decals, Weather Tech mats, undercover bed cover, Wet Okole seat covers, TRD shift knob, 3 inch lift, Level 8 MK 6 wheels in matte black, BFG A/Ts 285/70/17, LED bed lights by tacodane, nfab steps, salex organizer, bed extender, pioneer head unit, satoshi grill, tacoma trucks sunshade, more to come...
    Wheels and tires...were originally on our 2009 tacoma...

image.jpg

3. Jul 19, 2014 at 8:58 PM
    04trd

04trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2015 f150 lariat
    weather techs, 20precent tint, leveling kit, back flip bed cover, rhino liner
    Hate to be that guy but can't you get a brand new truck for that price?

4. Jul 19, 2014 at 10:27 PM
    1stgenpre

Member:
    First Name:
    Kathy
    Foothills of NC
    Vehicle:
    Yep...afraid so...hence my comment about getting butt raped and the comment about being realistic. I know I won't get that out of it. You won't get the aftermarket wheels and tires of course and the additional warranty for that particular truck I don't think for 34k but I'm sure it would be close.

It's ok that you happen to be "that guy"...lol...it was bound to happen anyway. I know I'm gonna lose money unfortunately.

5. Jul 20, 2014 at 1:21 AM
    Chopper678

Chopper678 Professional Threadjacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 PreRunner V6 DCSB
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    Good luck with sale OP, I hope you get the highest you can for it. Try doing a trade in on it and be hard with them, Tacomas sell very well and is not unheard of to get a little more or the same than you paid. Take advantage of the fact that it is immaculate and has all the goodies. Tell them you know how fast Tacomas sell and again, be firm and know that they are not the only dealer in the world. They need your business more than you need theirs.

6. Jul 20, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    1stgenpre

Member:
    First Name:
    Kathy
    Foothills of NC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks...I appreciate it. We will start seriously looking in a couple weeks. I know the dealership is just gonna turn around and market it as a truck that has all the goodies with no one having to do anything to it. In turn I'm sure they will mark it up as such. Thanks again for the advice...

7. Jul 20, 2014 at 10:22 AM
    HiHoSilver14

HiHoSilver14 Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Silver '14 TRD OffRoad
    2.5" Lift 265/75/R16 Toyo AT II
    Not sure how it is where you are but I know my extended warranty can be cancelled and refunded(prorated of course). I did this with the car I traded to buy my Tacoma and got almost all my money back since it had only been a year. Good luck.

8. Jul 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    crazy joker

crazy joker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Charlotte area, NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB sport 4x4
    Real men just call it camping
    Was in the same position as you with a Camry about 5 years ago. After over a month and and some low offers I didn't take, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try Carmax. They actually offered me near what I had it listed for. Could be another option for you. Good luck with the sale.
    Edit: Sorry. I probably should have PM'ed that suggestion.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  9. Jul 20, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    1stgenpre

Member:
    First Name:
    Kathy
    Foothills of NC
    Vehicle:
    Thanks guys...I didn't think about Carmax. I will definitely cancel the warranty once we get rid of the truck. Appreciate all the feedback, it's given me food for thought for sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top