1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Backup Camera??

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by PICKSTACOMA, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Aug 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM
    PICKSTACOMA

PICKSTACOMA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Penhook, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4x4 dbl cab lb 4.0
    ARE MX Truck Cap, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake, Weather Tech( Digital Floor Mats,Bug And Side Window Deflectors), Scangauge II, Clearvision Solux Headlight/Foglight Bulbs, Redline Hood Struts, FJ Cruiser Foglight Switch, Illuminated 4x4 Switch, Rain X Latitude Wipers, Brighter Back Up Lights, Dome/Map LED's, Cup Holder LED's, Engine Bay Lights, Foglights On Anytime, Leather Seats With Front Heating Pads OME Lift With DAKAR Springs And LR UCA's, Rear Diff Breather Mod, A/C Drain Mod, Husky Mud Flaps, ECGS Bushing Kit
    What's a good all around aftermarket backup camera for the Tacoma?

2. Aug 4, 2014 at 7:42 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
  3. Aug 4, 2014 at 7:55 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Are you looking for wired or wireless?
    Do you want a separate display or do you already have an aftermarket heat unit with a screen that you want to use?

4. Aug 5, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    PICKSTACOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Penhook, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    ARE MX Truck Cap, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake, Weather Tech( Digital Floor Mats,Bug And Side Window Deflectors), Scangauge II, Clearvision Solux Headlight/Foglight Bulbs, Redline Hood Struts, FJ Cruiser Foglight Switch, Illuminated 4x4 Switch, Rain X Latitude Wipers, Brighter Back Up Lights, Dome/Map LED's, Cup Holder LED's, Engine Bay Lights, Foglights On Anytime, Leather Seats With Front Heating Pads OME Lift With DAKAR Springs And LR UCA's, Rear Diff Breather Mod, A/C Drain Mod, Husky Mud Flaps, ECGS Bushing Kit
    Still making my mind up on the head unit...Kenwood DNX 891 HD or the Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX. So I guess I would need a wired camera. Was hoping to see what most TW members ended up buying.

5. Aug 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    mtucker

mtucker Tacoma addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Escondido, CA.
    Vehicle:
    03 Prerunner DC
    Replaced chrome badges with Sockmonkey black badges, painted billet grill black, K&N cold air intake, my corner light turn signal circuit, Speedfreek traction bars, RAAMaudio BXT/Ensolite, Stereo: Kenwood KIV-701 USB/Bluetooth deck, 10" Pioneer shallow sub behind the rear seat, Infinity 6822cf 6x8 front and rear doors, Fosgate P400-2 (sub), US Acoustics USX-4065 (four main speakers)
  6. Aug 6, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    PICKSTACOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Penhook, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    I've been checking the cameras out at Amazon and kinda like this one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KHMOJOY?psc=1

It's CCD not CMOS. From what I've read so far, CCD suppose to have a clearer picture.

7. Aug 6, 2014 at 8:10 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    I just bought one of those. I am going to wire it to a 4 pin connector tomorrow so it will plug into my stock backup camera harness. (I lost my camera when I took off my tailgate for a slide in camper).

I will let you know if it works and what I think of the camera.

8. Aug 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    PICKSTACOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Penhook, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Hey Matt

Hope to hear from you soon. Just got my head unit in (Kenwood DNX 891HD), still waiting on the wiring harness and other things. Need to make my mind up on the camera. If possible, post some pictures. Good luck with your install.

9. Aug 9, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    I'm still trying to find a supplier that will hook me up with 4 terminals to wire up the 4way connector. Toyota dealership here quoted me 40 bucks per terminal. Unbelievable. They are 16 cent pieces and they want to charge me 40 per. fuckin criminals.

10. Aug 10, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    PICKSTACOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Penhook, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    I know what your saying.. two months ago I had to replace my ac condenser, the dealership wanted $1500 for parts, labor and recharge. I replace condenser with aftermarket one and paid a local shop to recharge all for less than $200. I think I'm going to pay the extra $ and buy the tailgate handle with camera form camera source. It's a little pricey, but I think having the camera up higher will have a better view and be more secure. Good luck finding what you need to finish your install.

11. Jan 20, 2015 at 7:32 PM
    elflaco

elflaco New Member

Member:
    la mirada ca
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    none
  12. Jan 20, 2015 at 7:34 PM
    elflaco

elflaco New Member

Member: