1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Rough Country Review

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 98tacoma929, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Aug 8, 2014 at 10:12 PM
    98tacoma929

98tacoma929 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma 3.4L SR5
    -In Order- Full Exhaust Cold Air Kit 3" Tuff Country Lift 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer A/T3 20" Lightbar behind Grill Much More to go...
    Last week on Thursday I had ordered the Rough Country 3" Spacer and Block kit from Rough Country. I received it this past Wednesday and immediately got to work. Install took about 3 hours, mostly because I have access to a lift which I used. My first thought when it hit the ground was "wow it looks so much better" and it does, 3" really brought my truck to life. First thought when I got it out of the shop was that it rode much stiffer, which I like. I also noticed the ground clearance stepping in and out of the truck. It's been on the road now for 3 days and have had 0 problems. Right now I'm riding around on 235/45R16's (waiting on my 285/70/16's to get here on Tuesday), that's why it looks like I have tiny tires, because I do. I really enjoy this kit so far and would definitely recommend it to anybody wanting a small affordable lift.

image.jpg

2. Aug 9, 2014 at 12:27 AM
    MIZZAT

MIZZAT New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Moorpark, CA
    Vehicle:
    14 Prerunner Sport 2x4
    AFE Cold air intake
    Looks good!