1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NJ B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by JLink, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Aug 30, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    Chux

Chux Pura Vida

Member:
    NJ beaches
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O/R Beach Buggy
    Click on my Build
    Wow good job Fed-Ex you manged to loose my sliders and fully harsh my mellow :censored:

2. Aug 30, 2014 at 2:05 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    maybe they'll tighten their acts up... :rolleyes:

3. Aug 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    Just left a demolition derby at Bucks Motorsports. Was wondering if I was going to see Jay or Craig. Saw a lot of signs for Coatesville (sp?). Think I enjoyed the demo derby a little too much. Maybe we should start a TW team. :)

4. Aug 31, 2014 at 3:26 AM
    cynicalrider

cynicalrider #NFG

Member:
    Jersey
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 TRD 4x4, '23 Bronco Wildtrak, 2017 HSQV FE350
    Drop bracket lift and booger welds
    Shhh stop telling me things like this. At least I found out it was pretty solid when Ant welded my slidahs on.

5. Aug 31, 2014 at 4:36 AM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    yeah its going to be a pain in my rear for sure

6. Aug 31, 2014 at 5:22 AM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
  7. Aug 31, 2014 at 5:26 AM
    Chux

Chux Pura Vida

Member:
    NJ beaches
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O/R Beach Buggy
    Click on my Build
    So as it stands Me vs. Fed-Ex. When I looked yesterday to see where my sliders were the tracking number stated that they arrived Thursday the 28th at 11:32am left at garage, that is 3 days ago today. At about 1:00pm I called to tell them there was no delievery to my house and I had not recieved the items shipped. The rep said he'll fill out a claims sheet for me and I'll be contacted by a claims rep for more info. 2:00pm claims rep call me and I tell her the deal, that this is not a little cardboard box! It is metal piping 4 ft long and 70lbs each!! You don't just loose that! The driver must have delievered to the wrong house. She gathered all the info and said we will send a driver out to try and locate the package. This was all yesterday, so at 8:00 last night I called Fed-Ex back and asked if there was any new info on my missing package... she said there hasn't been any update in the system from my original claim. So I said ok well are you going to contact me tomorrow with new info (Sunday,Today), she said no and because of the holiday I probably won't hear anything until Tuesday. That will be 6 days from said delievery! Wtf. I don't even know if I'll receive the sliders at all... If that happens I plan on telling Fed-Ex to buy me new sliders. If they do eventually locate them and finally make the delievry I want to be 100% refunded for the shipping cost ($140). Who knows where they are.. but living on an island I feel like there just sitting at a house somewhere close by, but the longer they sit at the wrong house the less of a chance I have to getting them back with renters/vacationers coming and goin on a daily basis. Has anyone ever had a situation like this? Results??

So that being said there are a brand new pair of 4x bolt on sliders with kickout just sitting somewhere outside.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  8. Aug 31, 2014 at 5:30 AM
    JLink

JLink [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    You should double check the delivery address and delivery instructions and then take a cruise on your bike and see if you can find them.

9. Aug 31, 2014 at 5:55 AM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    [​IMG]

I pretty much hate FED Ex. My guy doesn't like getting out of his truck, so this is where he usually leaves everything.

Good luck and keep us posted because this kind of pisses me off.

10. Aug 31, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    chenbro

chenbro ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver DCSB TRD OR
    What haven’t I changed?
    Maybe the Fedex guy turned left instead if right like Josh and I did when we first tried to find your house. But yeah, that really sucks especially for a big ticket item like sliders. Hope you get it worked out soon.

11. Aug 31, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    Haha, you're doing it right though! I never wheeled my first gen because I planned on keeping it forever. We see how that went.

And look very closely at them. I don't know if you were in this thread when I was looking for this truck, but I almost got tangled up in a bad truck. I found what looked to be a mint '94 Toyota Pickup with 150k on it. Red with charcoal grey interior, not a scratch nor stain. Was ready to give the guy $5k when something told me to crawl under the truck one more time. When I did, something caught my eye, and I could see where someone welded the frame and repainted it. It was a very clean weld, and most people probably wouldn't have seen it.

12. Aug 31, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    Wow, that's pretty lazy!

13. Aug 31, 2014 at 8:28 AM
    Chux

Chux Pura Vida

Member:
    NJ beaches
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O/R Beach Buggy
    Click on my Build
    Just took a bike ride all around the 5000 block.. nada.

Normally Id laugh and say that sucks, but how I feel now about Fed-Ex Id say send that photo in and report it. I mean they have one job to do, whats so hard about it.

I took a ride in the truck yesterday to 5405 LB Blvd Harvey Cedars then walked around the whole house, nothing. And they dont even have a garage!

Here's there confirmation page, Note it says left at garage.. not my garage though :mad:

[​IMG]

14. Aug 31, 2014 at 8:33 AM
    Rebelimo

Rebelimo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Coatesville
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Silver streak Limo
    Found them186850d1115685137-ups-fedex-milk-ice-cre_7cd6831fd290aa324368f2ec1f815b48d1be7ecd.jpg

15. Aug 31, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    Chux

Chux Pura Vida

Member:
    NJ beaches
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O/R Beach Buggy
    Click on my Build
    It did cross my mind "What if the courier drives a taco and knows what they are.." lol

16. Aug 31, 2014 at 1:02 PM
    nj636

nj636 Hub Master General

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    Jersey
    OME lift 4x sliders 4x skids
    wouldn't it make sense to send the actual driver that delivered them out to relocate them? I'd bet he remembered exactly where he kicked those heavy fockers off the back of the truck :p

17. Aug 31, 2014 at 1:26 PM
    Wheelspinner

Wheelspinner Coco Customs

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    '13 4x4x4cyl
    Yea sliders would be easily remembered. Wouldn't surprize me if he just didn't feel like moving them and never actually delivered them.

18. Aug 31, 2014 at 2:45 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Yeah I may bug one of yall to come with me if I find a good one... I dont know what to look for when it comes to rust and shit.. back home we never worried about it.. dont worry, lunch and beer would be on me :D

19. Aug 31, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    Calling Mr. Boyd.....:confused:
    :tumbleweed:

anyone seen or heard from him?

20. Aug 31, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    He had a post in live yesterday I believe.

Products Discussed in

To Top