1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Considering an 04 Limited.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bad duc, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Sep 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    bad duc

bad duc [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jacob
    Offutt afb
    Vehicle:
    05 Base 4x4
    Lift, Tires, Front Bumper
    Im looking a 2004 tacoma double cab at a dealer. (http://www.machens.com/used/Toyota/2004-Toyota-Tacoma-2795336a0a0a00640f2fbb585e2a1031.htm) Im hoping someone on here could give me some guidance on what to look for on this vehicle. Are there any known issues with this model to be concerned with as far as mileage or the aftermarket components. The dealer is saying the owner invested probably 30k in the vechicle with the supercharger lift tires etc. The dealer also said that theyre replacing something in the front differential, my guess is he meant the transfer case. Is this something I would be better off just staying away from? I looked up the fair value of the vehicle and its between 15-16. Not really interested in paying for parts that I know the dealer didnt install or they didnt give him hardly anything for those extra parts for trade in. Thanks for the input

2. Sep 2, 2014 at 10:18 PM
    paranoid56

paranoid56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab taco
    he didnt spend 30k on that. price is a little high. the arb front locker is nice same with the supercharger (if it has one, as they didnt show an engine shot) having a huge lift and tires doesnt increase the price.

3. Sep 3, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    BVCOTaco

BVCOTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    BV, CO
    Vehicle:
    02 Xtra Cab SR5 TRD
    ARB Bullbar
    I says the axle ratio is 3.91. That would suck with those big tires. Do you know what size the tires are? Look like maybe 35's?
    I don't have a supercharger, which might help, but big tires and that ratio would not be fun to drive on the highway.

4. Sep 3, 2014 at 6:40 AM
    Yotafish

Yotafish Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR 4WD DC
    Same basic shit everybody else had 5 years ago.
    30k, no way.....maybe if there were aftermarket plate bumpers and other big ticket items. Supercharger, lift, tires and locker don't even come close. I own an 03 and would love to sell mine for that price but I would only consider paying that for that truck if it were stock and unmolested. You just end up inheriting someone else's problems and issues. Just my opinion on the deal.

5. Sep 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM
    stumpman

stumpman Well-Known Member

Member:
    tn
    Vehicle:
    2019 Dclb cement
    Nice truck, mileage great for year model, lift is a killer for me, way to much, I would come closer to paying that price for the truck if it were stock.

6. Sep 4, 2014 at 4:18 AM
    bad duc

bad duc [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jacob
    Offutt afb
    Vehicle:
    05 Base 4x4
    Lift, Tires, Front Bumper
    Its 35's. They still havent called me back on what theyre working on. Thinking ill pass on it. Appreciate the advice fellas.

7. Sep 4, 2014 at 4:30 AM
    93toy

93toy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    It does look like good miles, but what's the chances it's the correct miles? Do you think the previous owner calibrated the speedometer/odometer when he increased the tire size but left the stock gears? If not, he's been rolling up miles that the odometer doesn't reflect.

Products Discussed in

To Top