1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Center Console A/C light question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DrRabbitFurHead, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Sep 4, 2014 at 3:04 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    I think my center console A/C section has 2 bulbs behind it and the right bulb is out. The right side of the console does not light up and the center part of the console has a very dim light over the red temperature indicators (flash in the photo is making it look brighter than it is). The light gets brighter as you look to the left so I'm thinking one of the bulbs is out.

Here's a pic:
    20140903_071539_660bcf040d721d89b589a022df8bb39bf9454c27.jpg

So, are the little seated dudes supposed to light up? I really forget. :D
    How easy is it to take the center console out and replace the bulb or is there just a section of the console I can remove?
    Also, does anyone know the bulb p/n that I need?

TIA! :cool:

2. Sep 4, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    reece13

reece13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD sport, 6spd, 4wd
    Toytec Coilovers, Total Chaos uca's, Wheelers aal+Bilstein 5160's. 285/70/17's, Method Double Standards. Magnaflow exhaust, GrilleCraft grille, Allpro bumper,diff breather relocate, yellow wire mod, oil catch can, weathertechs.
    Don't know the bulb #, but my old 2005 dclb did the exact same thing. I would reach down and slap the front of the console and then it would come on. I think i just "lived with it" for at least a year or so before i sold that truck. I'd be willing to bet its just the connection. good luck

3. Sep 4, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    bw4706

bw4706 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma DCSB
    Bilstein 6112's , Eibach Coils,Hankook Dyna Pro MT 265/75/16, SPC UCA's, General Spring HD leaf packs, De-Badged, Ranch Bed Cap, Mag Light Seat Mount driver and passenger, Mini Mag Console Mount,Hard wired GPS, LED's in and out, MB TKO Wheels, After market grill, Heated seats, Diff breather relocation mod, LED Under Hood Lighting, LED Bed Lights, Aux. LED Reverse Lights, 30" L.E.D. Light Bar, Redline Tuning Hood Struts & EZ Down Tailgate. 6 Circuit Aux. Fuse Panel W/Circuit Breaker. Front & Rear Facing DVR cameras, High Lift Jack Bed Rail Mount. Clazio Leather Seat Covers. All Pro Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, 4x4 illuminated switch mod, Ignition converted to Push to Start. Bushwacker fender flares, Cali Raised side projector ditch lights. Cali Raised L.E.D. fog lights. 3 x 3 L.E.D. rear spotlights , Anzo headlights and taillights.
    Yes, you need a new bulb. Easy to remove. Just pry one end of the control unit and you can pull it out. Flip it over and turn the buld holder about a quarter turn to get it out. Can't remember the web site but they make an LED replacement for corvettes that will fit in there. I think they were under $5 per build. Toyota wants almost $20.
    If I can find the link, I'll post it

4. Sep 4, 2014 at 4:20 PM
    bw4706

bw4706 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma DCSB
    Bilstein 6112's , Eibach Coils,Hankook Dyna Pro MT 265/75/16, SPC UCA's, General Spring HD leaf packs, De-Badged, Ranch Bed Cap, Mag Light Seat Mount driver and passenger, Mini Mag Console Mount,Hard wired GPS, LED's in and out, MB TKO Wheels, After market grill, Heated seats, Diff breather relocation mod, LED Under Hood Lighting, LED Bed Lights, Aux. LED Reverse Lights, 30" L.E.D. Light Bar, Redline Tuning Hood Struts & EZ Down Tailgate. 6 Circuit Aux. Fuse Panel W/Circuit Breaker. Front & Rear Facing DVR cameras, High Lift Jack Bed Rail Mount. Clazio Leather Seat Covers. All Pro Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, 4x4 illuminated switch mod, Ignition converted to Push to Start. Bushwacker fender flares, Cali Raised side projector ditch lights. Cali Raised L.E.D. fog lights. 3 x 3 L.E.D. rear spotlights , Anzo headlights and taillights.
  5. Sep 4, 2014 at 4:21 PM
    deeznutz

deeznutz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 DC LB 4x4
    The left side of my controls just did this too and I was just thinking of making a thread asking on how to gain access to the bulbs :eek:

6. Sep 4, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    evile

evile Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2006 DoubleCab TRD OffRoad PreRunner
    Bug shield vent visors Westin Chrome bull bar K&N Airfilter Pioneer CD/MP3/Ipod/DVD head unit KC Daylighters, LED map and dome lights, secondary airfilter removed. Black tube steps, 110v outlet in cab
    Mine just went out on both sides too. Gonna fix it tomorrow I can post some pics on how to do it

7. Sep 4, 2014 at 4:54 PM
    jammdogg

jammdogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    13 Spruce Mica DCLB
    6" ProComp lift on 35 MT's. ARB Bumper.
    I believe that there are 3 bulbs, one for each control knob. They just kinda twist in there, never a very good connection. I may have two spare bulbs if somebody really needs them.

Shoot me a PM.

JAmes

8. Sep 4, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    js312

js312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New England
    Vehicle:
    23 F150 PowerBoost Lariat 502a
    Husky Weatherbeaters, OEM Mud Guards, Wheel Well Liners, Bullet Spray-In Bed Liner, Gator Soft Tri-Fold Cover, Hankook DynaPro AT2 (Summer), Blizzak DM-V2 (Winter)
    My fan speed control dial backlight works...if I hit it...usually. Guess it hasn't annoyed me enough to deal with it yet.

9. Sep 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM
    Steve E

Steve E Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4, 2021 Highlander Limited AWD
    My 08 AC does that with the center and right switch, I smack it and it comes on till next time. Been living with it that way for a little over a year now. Guess I'm too lazy to fix it.

Steve.............

10. Sep 5, 2014 at 6:00 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Thanks for the link. Time to buy a few bulbs.

That would be really cool. I'd hate to break off a tab because I pulled on the wrong piece of plastic or I pulled the right piece of plastic in the wrong direction.

Products Discussed in

To Top