1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Chrome deletion + Panavise custom in-dash mount

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by whiskeytacos, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Sep 11, 2014 at 2:53 PM
    whiskeytacos

whiskeytacos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    New York
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB Off Road MGM
    OME 886 springs on 90000 struts Total Chaos UCA OME Dakar + AAL energy suspension steering rack and sway bar bushings SCS SR8 wheels Cooper ST Maxx 285/85r16 Pelfreybilt IFS skid plate Pelfreybilt hidden winch mount broken ass winch Softopper All Pro Off Road OTT pack rack
    Replaced my stock chrome grill surround with a TRD Sport grill in magnetic gray metallic.

[​IMG]

I also installed the Panavise mount, and I'm really pleased with it. I do need to go back and sink the screws in a little more so the temp control panel sits a little more flush.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's all for now. I can't believe how easy these two things were to do. Next time I have a day off I suppose I will do the rear diff breather mod. Nearly got bogged down in some sand last week and I'm afraid of it happening with water next time I'm out in the dirt and go off the dry road.

2. Sep 11, 2014 at 5:02 PM
    smd3

smd3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was going to order that panavise mount, but it said 05-11 on their site so I held off. Guess I can go ahead and get it!

3. Sep 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    whiskeytacos

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    New York
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB Off Road MGM
    OME 886 springs on 90000 struts Total Chaos UCA OME Dakar + AAL energy suspension steering rack and sway bar bushings SCS SR8 wheels Cooper ST Maxx 285/85r16 Pelfreybilt IFS skid plate Pelfreybilt hidden winch mount broken ass winch Softopper All Pro Off Road OTT pack rack
    The box was labeled 05-14 so you should be good to go. Several reviews mention a lot of tightness when you reinstall the temp controls. I need to go back and put a little more spin on the mounting screws to let the controls mount flush.

4. Sep 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    What's the panavise mount for?

5. Sep 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM
    Pool Runner

Pool Runner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    '14,TRD/OR, Entune & Nav '13 Subaru Outback
    Lowes Slimline Tool box, OEM Bug shield.
    I'm curious as well? My guess a CB, do people still use those today?

6. Sep 11, 2014 at 7:45 PM
    smd3

smd3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The panavise mount provides a base plate for a ram mount or whatever. I plan to get a cell phone holder for it. I like the location it puts the phone, it'll be pretty visible for gps and stuff, but not blocking anything else.

7. Sep 12, 2014 at 6:52 AM
    whiskeytacos

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    New York
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB Off Road MGM
    Exactly. I'll have my GPS or cell phone mounted to a RAM X-grip. I may try making something that can stack the two devices.

8. Sep 12, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    whiskeytacos

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    New York
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB Off Road MGM
    [​IMG]
    And here is the finished product. It took a couple of days for all the parts to come in.

Products Discussed in

To Top