1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A/C Delete

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by SnowroxKT, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Aug 31, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    Devout

Devout Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD 4X4
    None yet

It's a godsend around here too. Getting into your vehicle cold and wet; nice to defog the windows.

Insofar as onboard air, get a good, industrial quality adjustable oiler, and get a good vapor/moisture trap for the output, and use high quality compressor oil.

2. Aug 31, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    SnowroxKT

SnowroxKT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '18 T4R & '06 F250
    6" lift 40s
    Cant have both :notsure:

3. Sep 1, 2014 at 11:19 PM
    vern650

vern650 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    hyrum, ut
    Vehicle:
    '97 4x4 taco xtra cab 3rz/5spd
    HBS leveling kit, 31x10.50 mudders, header/imco exhaust, rear billies, LR ucas, home brewed onboard air, cb radio
    I've been concidering doin the ac-air compressor conversion on my '97 taco, for those that have actually done this with the denso/toyota compressor is it possible to seal it up and grease it like the sandon in the 4wheeler article or is it a must to run the inline oiler and seperator? Just tryin to keep it as simple and unclustered as possible, but watched some vids on the Denso and they're a we bit different.

4. Sep 1, 2014 at 11:23 PM
    SnowroxKT

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '18 T4R & '06 F250
    6" lift 40s
    Yeah the grease method is a lot better IMO, you dont have to worry about getting oily air into the tire which would help a bead slide off :eek:

Anyone try this?

5. Sep 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    vern650

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    hyrum, ut
    Vehicle:
    HBS leveling kit, 31x10.50 mudders, header/imco exhaust, rear billies, LR ucas, home brewed onboard air, cb radio
    just tore my compressor apart and not sure if the grease trick is possible. There was 5 pretty good sized holes that go from the valve/head area into the crank area which I'm guessing let oil flow into the crank to keep it lubed. I think it would be alot harder to seal up the crank area to run grease on these compressors vs. The one in the article so I put it back together and will probably just run the inline oiler setup.

6. Sep 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM
    SnowroxKT

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '18 T4R & '06 F250
    6" lift 40s
    Dang, well thanks for the recon. Sounds like you are going to get this going long before I will. :(

7. Sep 12, 2014 at 5:32 PM
    vern650

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    hyrum, ut
    Vehicle:
    i got bored last weekend so i went ahead with this project. i just cut the rubber hoses on the a/c lines and used barbed fittting in them to connect to the airlines. to them i just plumbed in an air tool oiler on the intake side of the compressor and just hooked an inline fuel filter on the end of the hose to help keep crap out. on the pressure side i ran the hose to a check valve then to an air/oil separator, then through a T with the air chuck on it. from there the other side of the T is plumbed into a cross which houses the gauge, pressure switch and pressure relief valve. i mounted a toggle switch under the hood and wired it in before the pressure switch, some folks like to mount the switch inside or im sure you could rig it up to work off the factory a/c button but i figured i gotta go under the hood to hook up the airline anyway so i stuck it under the hood. when engaged the gauge shoots right up to 120psi which is where the pressure switch kicks it off, i used a 90 on 120 off pressure switch and it works great. i didnt feel like letting the air out of my tire to test it so i tested it on my lawnmower tire and it aired it up in no time flat. i'll probably plumb a tank in in the future but for now it should work for airing up tires. cost was probably $150+, those little brass fittings add up pretty fast.

onboardair_c2051ecaf43c23ab3ae291da132f46def7fd7917.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top