1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sloppy bed lining job

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 45acp, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Sep 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM
    45acp

45acp [OP] Paint me back in Wyoming again...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Boring, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    1981 Long bed 4x4
    So the '04 I just bought has 2 bed liners in it. (I knew this before I bought it, just didn't affect my decision.) The truck has been through 2-3 other owners and the last one said the plastic liner has been there since he bought it, so he couldn't help me with this question.

There's a plastic liner covering what looks to me like a DIY liner. Whoever applied it didn't do a good job IMO. It looks like there are thin/unfinished areas, drips, ect.

Is there a way to tell who makes it? Any way to remove it? SHOULD I remove it? Leave it alone? And another layer? :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sep 9, 2009 at 4:14 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    If it were my truck, I would dump the plastic liner and have the spray liner redone. However, I don't know what's involved in redoing the old liner. JMO.

Products Discussed in

To Top