1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hi from North East

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Sinjen, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Sep 21, 2014 at 3:29 AM
    Sinjen

Sinjen [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    SR5 with TRD
    Hey guys. I just picked up my 2013 on Friday. I'm still not sure of all the package names etc so I won't try to quote all the abbreviations and acronyms. In lieu of knowing all that, here's what I got:

-2013, (first CPO car I've ever purchased)
    -V6 (#obv), auto
    -Double cab, short bed
    -Has the TRD sport suspension
    -JBL with Nav (didn't want it, but that's another story)
    -the OEM black 17s
    -Bed extender, mat
    -Running boards
    -previous owner tinted and it's a decent job
    -came with WeatherTechs front and rear

I drove off the lot and went to my tire shop on put on the 265/70 Good Year Wrangler A/Ts.

Delivery bay at dealer:
    IMG_3203_zps81b77382_9215bb21b18ced204274f5d1fa6e06b59cbd1930.jpg

New tires
    IMG_3205_zps10d61059_166d1855a32e74f59841a0f386e03ecdab875af1.jpg

Not really huge into modding so I doubt I'll do a ton of stuff to it. The TRD S/C kit isn't expensive so maybe that would be fun. It's debadged, but I'd also like to take the stickers off. I'm still on the fence about it because I don't want to have a silhouette of the TRD stickers where the paint hasn't faded. They seemed to think it was lifted or leveled at the tire shop, but I don't know. I looked at the rear suspension when it was on the lift and didn't see anything. But I don't know anything about trucks, so...yeah.

I had a Mini Cooper S and F-150 prior to the Taco. I told myself if I got something that would last a long time, deal with the weather here, be able to do some work and promise myself I won't sell it, then I can go buy a fun car within the next few years when it's paid off. I've always had Jeeps, but at the same price point, they're not very impressive. Having the bed is also nice. It's almost laughable how these things hold their value too, so hammering out a deal for a CPO at the dealer was the way to go.

In end, I got rid of both the Cooper and F150 and got what I sort of consider to be the bastard child of them. Ironically, given that the Cooper had the sport package and run flats, this truck feels like driving Bentley in comparison.

I have an appointment for Friday to get a Compustar with Dronemobile installed. I've always had CS remote starts and they've always worked. Still skeptical about the Drone unit, but I'm a geek and it's only a $200 plug and play unit so I can pull it out and sell it if it's garbage. I even weasled the shop into throwing in the Compustar EZ-GO keyless entry kit that locks/arms and unlocks/disarms when you're with 5 feet. I'm looking at various stereo upgrade options, as the JBL sounds like dog shit, but it works and can wait. I had considered doing a detector install while they were doing the Compustar, but to do it right, it's a $2k affair and I've never gotten a ticket anyway (knock on wood). Maybe when I get a fast car. I will look into some kind of rust coating/treatment. My F150 got hammered with the the salt over the last few years and I definitely am planning on having this for the long haul. I'll have to search around here for what people do. The dealer wanted $700 for a "New England Protection Package". That was funny.

Overall, I love the truck. Even more than I thought I would. Entune sucks, but whatever. I'll still use my phone functions for music/media. I don't need Nav, and would use Google Maps/Waze anyway but I'll give it a go. All of the storage and little compartments are awesome too...though my gun vault doesn't fit anywhere and I need a new seat holster (I carry everywhere). But little changes and adjustments are needed any time you get a new car.

Anyway, sorry for being long winded...been on a bunch of forums (and run a small one) and I hate one sentence intros from new members. Being in a forum is a lot of the fun of owning a car and this seems like a great one to be a part of.

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  2. Sep 21, 2014 at 3:31 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Welcome to TW! Congrats on your Tacoma

3. Sep 21, 2014 at 3:37 AM