1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brush Guard for a 2001 Toyota Tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by asianfromthecongo, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Sep 24, 2014 at 3:02 AM
    asianfromthecongo

asianfromthecongo [OP] Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner SR5
    PA System
    Does anybody know of any good brush guards for an `01 Tacoma that could be recommended? I'm looking to add some new mods to my truck before it becomes too late, she's already at 126,000 miles.

Also, if anybody could help me out, what are the bars that hold fog lights running from above a Double Cab's rear seats diagonally across the top of the truck's bed called? I've been hoping to find one for my '01 Tacoma as well.

Thank you,
    asianfromthecongo

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  2. Sep 24, 2014 at 3:39 AM
    KdF

KdF Old Rednek Type

Member:
    East-ByGod-TEXAS!
    Vehicle:
    2000 Prerunner SR5 TRD 2WD
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Sep 24, 2014 at 6:12 AM
    bowyer2002

bowyer2002 always tinkering

Member:
    NE Missouri
    Vehicle:
    01 Taco SR5 D-cab 4WD
    OME 882s, OME shocks all around and OME Dakar spring packs, ARB, Warn 8000, ARE shell, Custom rear bumper w/ reciever, 5-235/80R17 Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX on FJ wheels, grey wire mod, Hi-Lift, Hellas, Red-Line hood lifters, Scion radio, sliders, Safari snorkel & LED Ditch lights on CBI mounts.
    IF you want something that will actually protect the truck, you'll have to spend a little more $$ and get a plate bumper (ARB or Demello type) or tube bumper (Trail Gear).
    What you're looking at is for looks only (which is okay, if that is what you want).
    Otherwise the bumper shown can actually be a 'damage multiplier' meaning that impacts to the 'brush guard' will force it into the hood, grill, etc. potentially causing more damage than NOT having it in the first place.
    Good luck in your choice!

Products Discussed in

To Top